Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Post by Pianoman » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:14 pm

fredbucket wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:15 am
lebowl wrote:
ilu wrote:Thanks! Does anyone have a sheet or internet link for the correct way to play the ornaments in Rameau?
I'm including the complete Nouvelles Suites hereRameau - Nuovelles Suites de Clavecin.pdf - there is a section on ornaments in the preface.

Regards
Fred
This is the 3rd Volume of "Pièces de Clavecin", right? What about the 2nd one? "Pièces de Clavessin" (1724). Is it available?

Thanks

User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Post by fredbucket » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Pianoman wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:14 pm
This is the 3rd Volume of "Pièces de Clavecin", right? What about the 2nd one? "Pièces de Clavessin" (1724). Is it available?
I think you've just broken the record for for the longest date of reply...

IMSLP should have it. If not, let me know.

Regards
Fred

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Post by Pianoman » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:25 pm

fredbucket wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:31 pm
Pianoman wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:14 pm
This is the 3rd Volume of "Pièces de Clavecin", right? What about the 2nd one? "Pièces de Clavessin" (1724). Is it available?
I think you've just broken the record for for the longest date of reply...

IMSLP should have it. If not, let me know.

Regards
Fred
It doesn't. At least I didn't find it...
(I'm talking about the full 2nd Volume)

Thanks!

Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Post by Jean-Séb » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:56 pm

There is no second book of 1724 :
Quatre livres de pièces de clavecin comprenant 27 ordres
Premier livre, 1713
Second livre, 1716/1717
Troisième livre, 1722
Quatrième livre, 1730
Second book, published in 1716/1717 is on IMSLP
https://imslp.org/wiki/Second_livre_de_ ... %C3%A7ois)

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Post by Pianoman » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:46 pm

Jean-Séb wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:56 pm
There is no second book of 1724 :
Quatre livres de pièces de clavecin comprenant 27 ordres
Premier livre, 1713
Second livre, 1716/1717
Troisième livre, 1722
Quatrième livre, 1730
Second book, published in 1716/1717 is on IMSLP
https://imslp.org/wiki/Second_livre_de_ ... %C3%A7ois)
Thanks, but I'm talking about Rameau, not Couperin.

Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Post by Jean-Séb » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Sorry. Anyway, the whole 2nd volume of Rameau is included in this complete edition :
http://ks4.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usi ... mplete.pdf
See from page 19 (71/191).

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: Couperin, Rameau and the French Harpsichordists

Post by Pianoman » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Jean-Séb wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:06 pm
Sorry. Anyway, the whole 2nd volume of Rameau is included in this complete edition :
http://ks4.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usi ... mplete.pdf
See from page 19 (71/191).
That will do!

Thanks a lot.

Post Reply