Opera Fantasies/Arrangements/Transcriptions/Potpourris

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Opera Fantasies/Arrangements/Transcriptions/Potpourris

Post by fredbucket »

mballan wrote:Found this thread languishing amidst cobwebs on page 3......so here is a "transcription and variations on the celebrated 'Ah Che et morte' and Miserere from the opera Il Trovatore".
I have another scan of this, in colour, yet.....
osborne - ah che la morte from verdi's il trovatore.pdf
Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

kh0815 wrote:Brunner, Christian Traugott (1792-1874): Variations on a theme from Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor (4H) -> http://catalog.wustl.edu:81/search~S0?/ ... 37%2C37%2C

Does anyone know of any transcriptoin of Lucia di Lammermoor that utilizes the theme from the aria "Regnava nel Silenzio" - one of the more famous arias from this opera? Preferably, by Liszt, Thalberg, etc., but any composer will do! I love this aira and would love to find a pianistic arrangment of it.... Thank you to all !
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

musiclife217 wrote:Does anyone know of any transcriptoin of Lucia di Lammermoor that utilizes the theme from the aria "Regnava nel Silenzio" - one of the more famous arias from this opera? Preferably, by Liszt, Thalberg, etc., but any composer will do! I love this aira and would love to find a pianistic arrangment of it.... Thank you to all !
The Lucia arrangements by Leschetizky, Smith and Thalberg are on the Finale. Leduc arranged the Sextet.

The two general arrangements I know of are by Prudent and Liszt (Reminiscences), the latter of whom also did the Funeral March and Cavatina.. I would search amongst those for a hint of the desired aria.
DONIZETTI Lucia Di Lammermoor [Prudent]-2.pdf
DONIZETTI Lucia Di Lammermoor [Prudent]-1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sgambatiesque on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

Dear resourceful members

Are there any concert transcription or paraphrase of Saint-sean Samsons et dalilia (that two famous mezzo arias). I will be doing some accompanying for a mezzo who sings predominantly french operas (a concert programme) but she requested me to do one item about 10 minutes as penultimate piece, so that she can take another breather to do a big work. And i thought may be saint-sean is a good choice. But are there other suggestions too, french opera transcription is really outside my usual repertoir.

Thank you very much.
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

soh choon wee wrote: Are there any concert transcription or paraphrase of Saint-sean Samsons et dalilia (that two famous mezzo arias). I
There's a bit to choose from on IMSLP: http://imslp.org/wiki/Samson_et_Dalila, ... ,_Camille)
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

sgambatiesque wrote:
musiclife217 wrote:Does anyone know of any transcriptoin of Lucia di Lammermoor that utilizes the theme from the aria "Regnava nel Silenzio" - one of the more famous arias from this opera? Preferably, by Liszt, Thalberg, etc., but any composer will do! I love this aira and would love to find a pianistic arrangment of it.... Thank you to all !
The Lucia arrangements by Leschetizky, Smith and Thalberg are on the Finale. Leduc arranged the Sextet.

The two general arrangements I know of are by Prudent and Liszt (Reminiscences), the latter of whom also did the Funeral March and Cavatina.. I would search amongst those for a hint of the desired aria.

Very interesting, thank you for your input - I will search among these!
GJF323
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by GJF323 »

sgambatiesque wrote:
soh choon wee wrote: Are there any concert transcription or paraphrase of Saint-sean Samsons et dalilia (that two famous mezzo arias). I
There's a bit to choose from on IMSLP: http://imslp.org/wiki/Samson_et_Dalila, ... ,_Camille)
I really like Cramer's, and I think it should be long enough to cover the 10 minute gap.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

Thank you for the suggestion
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

sgambatiesque wrote:

I can't seem to find the Leduc Sextet arrangement... could you share it if you have it? One thing leads to another! Thanks !
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

musiclife217 wrote:
I can't seem to find the Leduc Sextet arrangement... could you share it if you have it? One thing leads to another! Thanks !
DONIZETTI Lucia Di Lammermoor [Leduc] (Sextet).pdf