Instruments played, if any: Piano
Conducting
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Music of Brazil

Post by lito valle »

O mehlor do choro brasileiro
(A choro fake books)
O Melhor do Choro Brasileiro - Vol. 1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Lito:

Gracias! for the album, it is a great anthology.

As far as I know the Choro and the Samba are the basis for Bossa Nova.

By the way, here is the Samba Carinhoso the master piece of Pixinguinha (Villa-Lobos was his fan):

Alfredo da Rocha Viana Filho, better known as Pixinguinha, (April 23, 1897 - February 7, 1973) was a choro composer, arranger, flautist and saxophonist born in Rio de Janeiro.

Through the legacy of the pioneering choro composers of the 19th century and of the Afro-Brazilian tradition

Ilu.
pixinguinha-carinhoso.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quo melius Illac
arglmann
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Glass Organ, Honk

Post by arglmann »

oren segev wrote:Here it is (nms-tttos)
Oren
Thanks, Oren,
that's very kind of you.

Arglmann
Listen, die die Welt bedeuten.
lito valle
Pianophiliac
Conducting

Post by lito valle »

Pixinguinha
Pixiguinha - Brazilian Composer - Master of CHORO-2.pdf
Pixiguinha - Brazilian Composer - Master of CHORO-1.pdf
arglmann
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Glass Organ, Honk

Re: Composers from South America (excluding Brazil & Argentina)

Post by arglmann »

Hi,
does anyone know of the piece "Carioca" by Ernesto Nazareth
being arranged or maybe originally for the piano?
So far I found only arrangements for different instruments, or recordings of pianists.
Maybe someone could post the piece...

Nowadays they play many of this on the radio...

Thanks in advance for any information,
Arglmann
Listen, die die Welt bedeuten.
Rachfan

Post by Rachfan »

Does anyone know of the Brazilian composer Eduard Dutra? I've compiled a scanty bio below of the very little information I've been able to find about him. Any additional facts would be welcome. Thanks!

EDUARDO DUTRA (1908 to 1963-64?) (No image found)

Eduardo Dutra was a 20th century Brazilian composer. Very little is known about this composer, including where he was born, resided, or died at about 56 years of age. (Even the exact year of his death is uncertain.) Likewise, the name of his wife is unknown, although we do know from the dedication inscribed on his "Prelude", Op 32 that he had a son Farnesio. Nor is there anything seemingly available about his musical background. It is established, however, that Dutra was a part-time composer, suggesting that he depended on an occupation other than composing for his livelihood. Unfortunately, there is no listing, not even a partial one, of his works. His scores were not published by the major music publishing houses of his day, as only private printings were made. Following Dutra’s death most of his manuscripts and existing printed scores were either lost or destroyed. Thus finding his scores now is extremely difficult. Hopefully future searches by musicologists and musicians of libraries, archives and private collections might yield more of Dutra’s compositions.

David
jre58591

Post by jre58591 »

Does anyone have Villa-Lobos's Chôros No. 11 for piano and orchestra? I believe it is the only one we are missing, as far as his piano/orchestra works go. What a massive work, though!
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

I am missing that one as well old chap. I e mailed Eschig a long time ago, but I cannot remember what they said. Definately appears to be out of print.

In addition, I thought I had the Bachianas Brasileiras III, but now cannot find it and it is blocked on IMSLP.

Does anyone have that???

Ta

Thal
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Rachfan wrote:Does anyone know of the Brazilian composer Eduard Dutra? I've compiled a scanty bio below of the very little information I've been able to find about him. Any additional facts would be welcome. Thanks!

EDUARDO DUTRA (1908 to 1963-64?) (No image found)

Eduardo Dutra was a 20th century Brazilian composer. Very little is known about this composer, including where he was born, resided, or died at about 56 years of age. (Even the exact year of his death is uncertain.) Likewise, the name of his wife is unknown, although we do know from the dedication inscribed on his "Prelude", Op 32 that he had a son Farnesio. Nor is there anything seemingly available about his musical background. It is established, however, that Dutra was a part-time composer, suggesting that he depended on an occupation other than composing for his livelihood. Unfortunately, there is no listing, not even a partial one, of his works. His scores were not published by the major music publishing houses of his day, as only private printings were made. Following Dutra’s death most of his manuscripts and existing printed scores were either lost or destroyed. Thus finding his scores now is extremely difficult. Hopefully future searches by musicologists and musicians of libraries, archives and private collections might yield more of Dutra’s compositions.

David
Rachfan:

Here is the only piano score that I could get –nms-tttos.
Preludio, Op 32; Composed in 1940 by Eduardo Dutra (1908-1964?) and dedicated to his son, Farnesio, this beautiful and haunting late romantic "Preludio", Op. 32 in F# minor leaves no doubt as to the fine talent and craftsmanship of this obscure Brazilian composer

Ilu,
Eduardo Dutra Preludio.pdf
Quo melius Illac
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

As requested by Arglmann: Carioca by Nazareth -fresh scanned-

Ilu.
CARIOCA.pdf
Quo melius Illac