Friends & Pupils of Brahms

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Friends & Pupils of Brahms

Post by rob »

Timtin wrote:
rob wrote: Thank you very much everyone. My categorisation obsessive-compulsive disorder has now been satisfied!

Rob
The best treatment for OCD is Paroxetine (40mg/day).
(Sorry for drifting off-topic - it must be the effect of the pills!)
Moderating this forum and organising my files does the trick without medication!!! ;)
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

Does anyone please could help me with
Kirchner op 45 1-5?
Thanks in advance
Oren
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)

Post by Paul »

Here they are - my own scan (how do we abbreviate this ? - ms tttmam)
Kirchner op.45 6 Klavierstücke.pdf
All the best

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oren segev
Pianophiliac

Post by oren segev »

Paul wrote:Here they are - my own scan (how do we abbreviate this ? - ms tttmam)

All the best

Paul

Thank you very much Paul
Realy appriciat your quick respond
Oren
pianojay
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by pianojay »

kh0815 wrote:... and these should be the remaining parts of Kirchner's op.61 - nms, tttos, no tattoos!

And soon back to Mr. Niemann, I do hope! Niemann's op.61 would have been "5 Tonbilder", according to Paul's wonderful work list (download/file.php?id=679). They seem to range between Niemann's rarissima.
Many thanks, kh0815 and Oren, for the Kirchner. And sorry, Rob, for the slip. Was going particularly fast that day! :D
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

pianojay wrote:
kh0815 wrote:... and these should be the remaining parts of Kirchner's op.61 - nms, tttos, no tattoos!

And soon back to Mr. Niemann, I do hope! Niemann's op.61 would have been "5 Tonbilder", according to Paul's wonderful work list (download/file.php?id=679). They seem to range between Niemann's rarissima.
Many thanks, kh0815 and Oren, for the Kirchner. And sorry, Rob, for the slip. Was going particularly fast that day! :D
No need to apologise Jay! These off-topic slips provide evidence of a need and the opportunity to fulfil that need by opening a well-designed new thread. That's the beauty of this software. New, well-designed threads are always very welcome! Contact one of the team if anyone has any doubts. 8-)

Rob
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

This seemed to belong here more than to German Composers:

New piece by Brahms: Albumblatt in A minor Op.Posth (1853)

I assume someone on this group paid the $158,500 for the autograph copy at auction last year.

Link to PDF, and Youtube clip of Andras Schiff playing it here: http://www.pianostreet.com/blog/piano-n ... inor-4546/

Direct link to PDF: http://www.pianostreet.com/blog/files/b ... 53_psu.pdf
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Caprotti »

it seems a preparatory study for the trio of the scherzo in the sonata op.1 ....
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

If this is the same piece I'm thinking of, I understand, via an interesting link that pianist Jack Gibbons posted on Facebook, that the piece was discovered quite some time before Christopher Hogwood claimed it as his discovery (...if I am thinking correctly...).
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Noted a new recording by Solvejg Henkhaus on CPO of the piano works of Gustav Uwe Jenner, but could not find any of them on IMSLP or here. It's 100 years since his death in August 1920. I knew nothing of him till I heard the first bars of one his Ballades on Spotify - the Brahms legacy is indisputable.

The University of Marburg sells copies of the work and has sample PDFs of most of them. To my surprise, the samples are actually complete and have been "half-heartedly" watermarked....
https://www.uni-marburg.de/de/fb09/musi ... en/klavier