Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.]

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.]

Post by mballan »

From Georgian music site: Germane Japaridze (1939 - ). As a new composer to me, a brief bio below.

Born 1939, Tbilisi. Georgian composer, engineer and teacher. He graduated from the Technical University in 1964 and from the Tbilisi State Conservatoire in 1973 after studies in Composition. From 1956–1959 was an Artist of the State Philharmonic Orchestra of Georgia; 1963–1967 engineer, and then from 1973 taught music theory at various music institutes in Tbilisi.

Another work also available in the orchestral thread.

Japaridze G - 'Affect' Mono-Suite for Piano (1980).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

From Georgian music site: Rusudan Khorava. Another new composer to me - so brief bio below.

Born 1954, Poti-yu. Georgian teacher and composer. Graduated from Tbilisi State Conservatory in 1979. Since 1982, she has been teaching composition at the Tbilisi VIII Music School.

Khorava R - Childrens Album for Piano (1984).pdf
Childrens Album (1983)
1. Lullaby
2. Mood
3. Dialogue
4. Spring Pastorale
5. Melodie
6. Shutka (Joke)
7. Sad Song
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

With special thanks to Jim on this site, he directed me to a site holding a sizable number of works by Azerbaijan composers, which I will upload here over the next few weeks (or possibly months) ! The majority appears to be piano music but there are some chamber pieces and vocal works - again I will share on Pianophilia (I have created a separate Azerbaijan thread in the Vocal section for ease).

I will give transaltions where applicable, but bear with me, like Georgian, Azerbaijanian is not easy to read or translate (even with Google translate)!

Some of you may remember I posted a large number of Azerbaijanian works a few years back (and some were also posted by Alfor, if I remember right), so there may be the odd duplicate - but these are good and clean scans.

Malcolm

Ashraf Dzhalal ogly Abbasov (1920 - 1992)

Abbasov A - Six Minatures (1966).pdf
Six Miniatures (1966)
1. National Song
2. Dance
3. Little Prelude
4. Easy Ashug
5. Humorous Waltz
6. Toccata
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

Thank you very much for those lovely pieces! I really enjoyed the Miniatures!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Azerbaijan site: Vasif Zul’fugar ogly Adigezalov (1935 - 2006).

These have been shared previous, but this is a rather nice clean copy.

Adigezalov V - Twenty-four Preludes (1992-97 publ. Baku 2001).pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Azerbaijan site: Afrasiyab Badal ogly Badalbeyli (1907 - 1976). Further works by Badalbeyli in Chamber and Vocal threads.

Badalbeyli A - Fragments from the ballet 'The Maiden Tower' - arr. Piano solo (Baku 1954).pdf
Fragments from the ballet 'The Maiden Tower' - arr. Piano solo (Baku 1954)
1. Waltz
2. Gulyanag’s Variation
3. Adagio
4. Variation of the Four Lady Friends
5. Polad’s Variation
bdcmj
Participant
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Post by bdcmj »

mballan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 pm With special thanks to Jim on this site, he directed me to a site holding a sizable number of works by Azerbaijan composers, which I will upload here over the next few weeks (or possibly months) ! The majority appears to be piano music but there are some chamber pieces and vocal works - again I will share on Pianophilia (I have created a separate Azerbaijan thread in the Vocal section for ease).

I will give transaltions where applicable, but bear with me, like Georgian, Azerbaijanian is not easy to read or translate (even with Google translate)!

Some of you may remember I posted a large number of Azerbaijanian works a few years back (and some were also posted by Alfor, if I remember right), so there may be the odd duplicate - but these are good and clean scans.

Malcolm

Ashraf Dzhalal ogly Abbasov (1920 - 1992)

Abbasov A - Six Minatures (1966).pdf

Six Miniatures (1966)
1. National Song
2. Dance
3. Little Prelude
4. Easy Ashug
5. Humorous Waltz
6. Toccata
can you share more details on this site ?
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

bdcmj - its linked to the Baku Music Adademy...............just search for their website. However, its not easy to navigate (basic Azerbaijanian or Russian may help) and the indexing is hideous. As it is I will post everything from that site here (about 700 works) eventually - hopefully something every day, once I've down-loaded and translated titles etc.

Is there anything you were specifically after ? Either post here or send me a private message.

Malcolm

A Jafarova - as yet have not found any information on this composer................but I'll keep searching.

Jafarova A - Six Preludes (1962).pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Azerbaijan music site: Ashraf Dzhalal ogly Abbasov (1920 - 1992) Other Abbasov works - a piano concerto, instrumetal pieces and vocal works in the appropriate threads.

Abbasov A - Children's Album (1964 publ. 1973).pdf
Children’s Album (1964)
1. Playing with a hobbyhorse
2. Folksong
3. Ashug Song
4. Lyrical Piece
5. Humoresque
6. March
7. Recollection
8. Dance
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

From Georgian music site: Zinaida Khabalova. Born 1937, Tskhinvali : died 2016. Georgian composer and teacher.

Graduated from the Tbilisi State Conservatoire in 1975. From 1953-1970, she worked as concertmaster at the St. Tskhinvali Khetagurov State Drama Theater; from 1966-1970 was a teacher at a local music school and from 1970-1978, teacher at the Tskhinvali Music School.
Since 1976 she has taught for various South-Ossetian music-choreographic societies, and since 1977 was the artistic director of the South Ossetian State Vocal-Instrumental Ensemble ‘Bonvarnon’. In 1984 she moved to Moscow. From 2003-2008 she directed her own music centre and later formed in Moscow the NGO ‘Inter-ethnic Scientific & Culture’ centre.

Particularly noted for her nineteen symphonies, and the opera ‘Fatima’.

Another work also in the cello & piano thread.

Khabalova Z - Four Pieces for Piano (1983).pdf
Four Pieces (1983)
1. Lullaby No. 1
2. Nocturne
3. Prelude No. 1
4. Spring Rain