Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.]

Post by Scriabinoff »

FW190 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:38 pm
Scriabinoff wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:50 pm [...]
There is til today unknown to me , a version for duet, seems recording audio is quite old , can we source the score uses in the video ?
[...]
(=^・ェ・^=)
Beautiful version.
(Scan from Ilia Chavchavadze National Parliamentary Library of Georgia)

Taktakishvilli,O.-.Poem-(2P-1976).pdf
You are a True hero and scholar, I / we salute you.
A most welcome upload to the board , wowsers (´(ェ)`), you're right it is rather nice, I like some of the sonic effects /sonority quality difference vs the solo version , both are great but yes one especially so.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Latest from National Library of Georgia.

Germane Japaridze (1939 - )
Japaridze G - Miniatures for Piano (1979).pdf
Miniatures (1979)
1. Merry Horse
2. Little Girl’s Dance
3. Lullaby
4. Cheburashka
5. Musical Moment

Rusudan Khorava (1954 - )
Khorava R - Two Dances for Piano (1993).pdf

Aleksandr Shaverzashvili (1919 - 2003)
Shaverzashvili A - Fantasia on themes from Paliashvili's opera 'Abesalom & Eteri' for Piano (1973).pdf
Shaverzashvili A - Five Pieces for Piano (1993).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Latest offering from Georgian National Library.
Chukhrukidze K - Two Improvisations (1984).pdf
Dzhaparidze H - Three Pieces (1983).pdf
Khapava L - Six Preludes (1993).pdf
Shaverzashvili G - Three Pieces for Piano (1992).pdf
Shaverzashvili L - Five Pieces for Piano (1969).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Re: Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.

Post by bingo »

Jim Faston wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:31 pm A scan of Makar Yekmalian,'s lovely Nocturne in B-flat minor was uploaded to IMSLP, but sadly remains stuck in the copyright approval process. It may or may not clear. In the discussion of same,
http://imslp.org/index.php?title=Specia ... read=19100
this link was given:
https://issuu.com/haigavakian9/docs/mak ... _for_piano
A nicely typset edition of Yekmalian piano works by Haig Avakian available for free download. (You will probably need to register.) There are also a number of other excellent typesets of piano, instrumental and orchestral works by this editor that are well worth investigating, and probably more scores on that site to be found.
`<snip>

EDIT: It looks like all of Haig Avakian's editions are also available on archive.org.
https://archive.org/search.php?query=cr ... Avakian%22
Does anyone here read Armenian? I've been trying to properly translate the title of his three folk sketches, but all the translation tools I've used spout gibberish for some of the words: ???????: Three Sketches for Nolagamum?

ՑԱԻԵԼՈԻԱԾ

Երեք արտագիծ նոլագաիւմրի Համար
ekmalian sketches.jpg
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Bingo - many thanks for the links to the Armenian works. Of your question, I have just know them as Three Armenian Folk Sketches.

For ease, I have downloaded all the piano scores and duly shared here: individual works are either given in English or French, and each album has anything between 20-30 pages of narrative - alas all in Armenian.

Malcolm

Kouguell A - Deux Pages d'Album &amp; Danse Armenienne for Piano.pdf

Kara-Mourza K - Works for Piano.pdf

Yekmalyan M - Works for Piano.pdf
Just be aware after the Song without Words, the next ten pieces in Armenian are the Armenian Folksongs, followed by the Three Armenian Folk Sketches. Naxos / Grand Piano are issuing a recording of these works shortly (although composer is listed as Ekmalian), the Naxos site gives a breakdown of the English titles of the various folksongs.

Gazarossian K - Works for Piano.pdf

Chukhadzhyan T - Works for Piano.pdf
The album shows name as Tchouhadjian, which is the European version of his name, it correctly should be Chukhadzhyan.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

mballan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:53 am Bingo - many thanks for the links to the Armenian works. Of your question, I have just know them as Three Armenian Folk Sketches.

For ease, I have downloaded all the piano scores and duly shared here: individual works are either given in English or French, and each album has anything between 20-30 pages of narrative - alas all in Armenian.

Malcolm

<snip>
Yekmalyan M - Works for Piano.pdf
Just be aware after the Song without Words, the next ten pieces in Armenian are the Armenian Folksongs, followed by the Three Armenian Folk Sketches. Naxos / Grand Piano are issuing a recording of these works shortly (although composer is listed as Ekmalian), the Naxos site gives a breakdown of the English titles of the various folksongs.
The Archive site allows one to download a text extract of the music PDF. The quality is not great. I've run that file through both Google and (slightly better) Microsoft translate. Aside from a lot of gibberish as a result of the PDF intermediary, the text seems to have mostly coverage of the poetic/liturgic reference material in Yekmalyan's work.

After running web searches in Russian and Armenian, it's pretty clear the composer's liturgical work completely dominates his legacy. I can't find much in the way of performance of piano work other than arrangements of the liturgical works, and the Grand Piano recording.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Otar TEVDORADZE(1923-1983)

Born in Kutaisi Georgia in 1923, graduating from Vano Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatory in 1949. He served in the Soviet Army from 1941 to 1943.

From 1949 he was manager of the music department of the Sokhumi State Drama Theatre. He also worked as a teacher at Sokhumi Music School. From 1957 to 1966 he was the director of the Tbilisi I Music School. He was appointed Chief Consultant of the Georgian Philharmonic-Symphony, Chamber, and Pop Music Department in 1963. He was made Artistic Director of Georgian Music Ensemble Association in 1974.

Appears to have done soundtracks for some short films: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2294118

Piano works appear to be mainly for children. This short piece is amusing.
TEVDORADZE Circus_Horses.pdf
Listen: https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7685684
Last edited by bingo on Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Nice little piece. Thank you.
Rorisite
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by Rorisite »

Has anybody made a pdf out of Adigozalov's Piano Concerto 2? I found a preview on the Azerbaijan National Library:
http://web2.anl.az:81/read/page.php?bibid=190165&pno=2
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Rorisite wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:17 am Has anybody made a pdf out of Adigozalov's Piano Concerto 2? I found a preview on the Azerbaijan National Library:
http://web2.anl.az:81/read/page.php?bibid=190165&pno=2
No, but it would be easy to make one.Just save each of the 26 page images and print to pdf. Voila!
Easily less than 10 minutes.