Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.]

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.]

Post by mballan »

Azer Guseynovich Rzayev. Born 1930, Baku. Composer. Graduated in 1953 at the Azerbaijan Conservatoire [violin class of Amiton and Bretanitsky, composition class of Zeydman]. From 1953 he taugh at the Azerbaijan Conservatoire, and then from 1967 at the Music School of Byul-Byul. In 1972 became music director of the Azerbaijan opera and ballet national theatre. Piano works include:

“Russia” (1946)
Scherzo (1947)
March for Two Pianos (1948)
Sonatina (1949)
Piano Concerto (1964)
Piano Concertino (publ 1977…..arrangement of Piano concerto]
Rzayev - Piano Concertino [2P].pdf
I have posted the Piano Concertino…..from what I can ascertain, this is a simplied arrangement of the Piano Concerto aimed at the younger player and is projected in the same vein as Kabalevsky’s 3rd piano concerto. I can find no differences between the original concerto - I have a copy of the miniature score - and the concertino. My apologies, my copy of the score was slightly damaged and I’ve had to make adjustments as I’ve scanned – however, everything should be there.

This link will take you to Azerbaiajn International and a 3 minute clip of the Piano Concerto:

http://azer.com/aiweb/categories/music/ ... zayev.html

Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Asaf Zeinaly ogly Zeinally. Born 1909, Derbent: died 1932, Baku. Graduated in 1931 from the Baku Conservatoire, where he studied with Gadzhibekov and Karagichev. Composed the first Azerbaijan large symphonic work “Fragments”, as well as some of the earliest Azerbaijan romances. Participated in expeditions to Karabakh and often incorporated folk themes in his works. He was music director of the Azerbaijan Dramatic Theatre and composed music for over ten plays before his early death. Piano music includes:

Children’s Suite (publ. 1934)
1. Procession of the Dolls 2. Child & Ice (Song) 3. Dance 4. Game 5. The Sheep [Azerbaijan Folksong] 6. Debate
Zeinally A - Suite for Children.pdf
Piano Sonata (publ. 1934)

Nine Fugues (publ. 1939)
Zeinally A - Two Fugues.pdf
Folk Dance

I have posted two Fugues from the set of nine, plus the Children’s Suite.

Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeniyama

Re: Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.

Post by zeniyama »

You know, I think I may have said something along these lines on the last forum, but I think I'll say it again: I'd love to see some Komitas piano pieces other than the dances, if they exist.
Komitas_-_Dances.pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Re: Music of the Caucasus [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia etc.

Post by mballan »

The Russian's adoration of Bach often led composer's to compose numerous polyphonic styled works and here is a small album of pieces by Azerbaijan composers. As there is no index, the works list is as follows:

Polyphonic Pieces by Azerbaijan Composers

Karayev K – Three Polyphonic pieces
1. Prelude
2. Invention
3. Fughetta on the white keys

Fel’zer O – Polyphonic Suite
1. Fugue
2. Interlude I
3. Fugue-Scherzo
4. Interlude II
5. Gigue

Gadzhiev Dzh – Fugue [4 voices]

Malcolm
Polyphonic Pieces by Azerbaijan Composers.pdf
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

mballan wrote: Polyphonic Pieces by Azerbaijan Composers
Thanks for these curious little pieces, Malcolm.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

These works by various Azerbaijan composers are the last I currently hold [will be uploaded in two parts] – I’ve split them so they can be classified under the appropriate composer’s name. I have added some brief biographical information and their piano works are listed in my “book” in the Information & Literature section.

Malcolm

Azimov A – Four Preludes

Aziz Alekper ogly Azimov [Azizov]. Born 1933, Baku. Composer. Graduated in 1957 from the Azerbaijan Conservatoire after studies with Efendiev. Further studies in composition with K. Karayev. Taught at the Zeynally Music School. A part from these four preludes, also wrote a piano sonatina (1963)
Azimov - Four Preludes.pdf

Babirov A - Prelude-Scherzo & Toccata

Adil’ Musa ogly Babirov. Born 1951. Unable to locate any further information.
Babirov A - Prelude-Scherzo & Toccata.pdf

Dadashev - Three Pieces [Prelude, Etude-Scherzo, Meditation]

Dadash Gadzhil ogly Dadashev-aha. Born 1935, Baku. Composer. Honored worked of Azerbaijan [AzSSR] in 1964. Graduated in 1963 from Azerbaijan Conservatoire where he studied composition with Gadzhiev. Took up teaching positon immediately following graduation with the Zeynally Music School, Baku, later becoming head of department in 1965. Joined the faculty of the Azerbaijan Conservatoire in 1971.
Dadashev - Three Pieces [Prelude, Etude-Scherzo, Meditation].pdf

Ibragimova C - Piece

Sevda Mirza-kyzy Ibragimova. Born 1939, Baku. Composer. Studied piano with Brenner and graduated 1962 from Azerbaijan Conservatoire, further studies with Karayev in composition to 1964. From 1959, taught at the school associated with the Conservatoire; from 1965 as an assistant in K. Karayev’s composition class, joining the faculty of the Conservatoire in 1968. Not included on the works list are now two piano concertos.
Ibragimova C - Piece.pdf
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

Thank you very much, Malc !!
Best regards, Ferruccio
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

Thanks seconded! Wonderful thread :-)

Cheers.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thirded! Thanks Malc!
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Obviously, I am fourthed to concur...

Regards
Fred