Composers from South America (excl Brazil & Argentina)

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Igod82

Composers from South America (excl Brazil & Argentina)

Post by Igod82 »

Here is a composition from Colombian composer Emirto de Lima.
De Lima - Nocturno No.1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from South America (excluding Brazil & Argentina)

Post by ilu »

Igod82 wrote:Here is a composition from Colombian composer Emirto de Lima.
LIMA EMIRTO (1890-1972)
Curacao-Colombian songwriter

Biographical Information & List of works:

http://www.lablaa.org/blaavirtual/music ... indice.htm

ILU
Quo melius Illac
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Mod note: We already have an Argentinian composers thread, so I don't want to duplicate that, so I've renamed this thread to focus on less well known countries from South America. I also think a Brazilian composers thread would be appropriate if someone (Lito?) wishes to start one up.

Regards
Fred
Igod82

Post by Igod82 »

I could not think of the name so this is a good idea. Indeed Argentina and Brazil would require their own thread. As for the other countries i may post stuff from time to time as i get it from countries like Ecuador, or Colombia, not enough for their own thread though.
Igod82

Re: Composers from South America (excluding Brazil & Argenti

Post by Igod82 »

A sample of music from Peru. The edition still under copyright however i think a small sample needs to be posted. Ricordi Americana has no intention of republishing, or providing copies from their vault, if they even have a copy themselves.. Here is the first piece from an album of Holzmann's Music Tradicional de Peru.
Holzmann - Tuspin Jirka (Danza con Fuga).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by remy »

Igod82 wrote:Here is a composition from Colombian composer Emirto de Lima.
Thanks for this piece.

Are they still experiencing a shortage of G clefs, bass clefs, and quarter rests in Colombia?

And what are those arrows next to the treble chords, starting in measure 12?

jeremy
Igod82

Post by Igod82 »

I dont know. These scores all come from copies of originals from the period when they where published, so maybe it is some writing or something....
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Post by phikfy »

Does anyone have anything by the Venezuelan composer Federico Ruiz? I really love his Triptico Tropical, Pieces for Children under 100 Years of Age and Three Venezuelan Valses. Could somebody upload or tell me how I can order the scores? I wrote the composer a week ago (by e-mail) but there is no response...

Thanks and best regards,
Koon
Igod82

Post by Igod82 »

He had agreed to send me his works a long time ago. And they never came, but this is also the case with others. I was supposed to recieve some scores from El Salvador that have not come yet. I think over thanksgiving break i will have time to re - send my requests to about 10 living latin american composers for their works. And if i do i will send you a message to let you know about the ruiz, also if you manage to acquire them let me know..
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

Igod82 wrote:He had agreed to send me his works a long time ago. And they never came, but this is also the case with others. I was supposed to recieve some scores from El Salvador that have not come yet. I think over thanksgiving break i will have time to re - send my requests to about 10 living latin american composers for their works. And if i do i will send you a message to let you know about the ruiz, also if you manage to acquire them let me know..
IF the composers concerned also agree to have their works posted and shared on Pianophilia, then they can each have a thread in the 21st Century Composers forum, but please show the evidence of agreement to one of the admins first.