Composers from South America (excl Brazil & Argentina)

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from South America (excl Brazil & Argentina)

Post by Scriabinoff »

Really beautiful and interesting work by a giant of Columbian modern classical music
This prelude has so much going for it, lyrical, big open sound, I'm fascinated by this little work
Anyone have realiable leads on score that can be acquired ie purchased etc ? Under copyright so I know It cannot be posted but any info is much appreciated

Luis Carlos Figueroa prelude for piano
https://youtu.be/N_KX_LYNFO8
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

Collection of various folk songs and danzas. this is from my personal collection and honestly this old rare volume belongs in a library the only hits I got for it were a few university library holdings in South America, remarkable condition given age and flimsy build but brittle and I damaged binding a bit during scanning so sorry about some page shapes and ratios best I could do vs destroying it
no idea how I acquired this. I moved and came across it while unpacking , I must have gotten it as part of a lot w ither things maybe an estate n or thing I dont have any clue how I got lucky enough to get such a cool old album
there were apparently 3 of these published in Costa Rica I the mid 1930s, this is vol 3
tercer foleto de musica criolla collecion de canciones y danzas tipicas
coleccion canciones y danzas tipicas.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Scriabinoff wrote:Collection of various folk songs and danzas. this is from my personal collection and honestly this old rare volume belongs in a library the only hits I got for it were a few university library holdings in South America, remarkable condition given age and flimsy build but brittle and I damaged binding a bit during scanning so sorry about some page shapes and ratios best I could do vs destroying it
no idea how I acquired this. I moved and came across it while unpacking , I must have gotten it as part of a lot w ither things maybe an estate n or thing I dont have any clue how I got lucky enough to get such a cool old album
there were apparently 3 of these published in Costa Rica I the mid 1930s, this is vol 3
Thanks for this interesting collection. Please move it to the corresponding thread: "Composers of Central America".

Regards,

ILU.
Quo melius Illac
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Anyone with the 3rd and 4th Intermezzi of Luis Antonio Calvo? (Actually, Number 4 appears to be on Scribd if someone with an account could kindly grab a copy for us.)
https://www.scribd.com/document/3574750 ... onio-Calvo
Numbers 1 and 2 (Lejano Azul) can be found on IMSLP along with several other nice pieces, and recordings abound on YouTube. As always any other scores would be appreciated as well. Many thanks.

Here are some nice recordings of the four Intermezzi.
#1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TMTPJRLDC0
#2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux5TFEaEQ8U
#3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k3Gc4xqRBw
#4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLX-_TR39s4
Last edited by Jim Faston on Sat May 19, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

No.4, not no.3... is No.3 on there too? Couldn't find it.
Luis Calvo - Intermezzo-No-4.pdf
Best,
Parag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

parag wrote:No.4, not no.3... is No.3 on there too? Couldn't find it.
Luis Calvo - Intermezzo-No-4.pdf
Best,
Parag
Yes, No.4 - bad finger disease. Many thanks.
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

ilu wrote:
Scriabinoff wrote:Collection of various folk songs and danzas. this is from my personal collection and honestly this old rare volume belongs in a library the only hits I got for it were a few university library holdings in South America, remarkable condition given age and flimsy build but brittle and I damaged binding a bit during scanning so sorry about some page shapes and ratios best I could do vs destroying it
Thanks for this interesting collection. Please move it to the corresponding thread: "Composers of Central America".

Regards,

ILU.
hi Ilu you are welcome and I'll do that as soon as I can get off my mobile and make the change from a laptop. appreciate the suggestion, I have another to add so I will get it posted over there too.
:)
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

I took a few minutes and generated a slightly improved version of the Scribd file. Thanks again to Parag.
Calvo_Intermezzo No.4.pdf
Last edited by Jim Faston on Sat May 19, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

The complete piano works of Adolfo Mejia. The file appears to have been assembled from two incomplete sources and is pretty rough. Hopefully a better scan will surface. --nms--
Mejia_Obras completas para piano.pdf
Recordings can be found on this YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/adolfomejiatv
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Jim Faston wrote:The complete piano works of Adolfo Mejia. The file appears to have been assembled from two incomplete sources and is pretty rough. Hopefully a better scan will surface.
This one has been in circulation for quite a while now. I haven't checked the individual pieces to see which are common, but the quality of this one is OK.
mejia navarro - obras completa para piano.pdf
Regards
Fred