Composers from South America (excl Brazil & Argentina)

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Igod82

Re: Composers from South America (excluding Brazil & Argentina)

Post by Igod82 »

Thanks Guys nice sets of pieces.
I should have some new Williams i can post on here in a month or so.
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by liveforpiano »

I look forward to some more Williams music.
I have two CD's of his piano works, and they really are very good.

Peter (liveforpiano)
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

More Soro from Sibley...

Publication Name: Follía / Enrique Soro.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Soro, Enrique (1884 - 1954)

Regards
Fred
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Re: Composers from South America (excluding Brazil & Argenti

Post by WCosand »

I do not understand how it can be claimed that there is no copyright notice on these pieces, but this is an interesting album scanned by Microsoft:
http://archive.org/details/latinamericanpia00newy
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

WCosand wrote:I do not understand how it can be claimed that there is no copyright notice on these pieces
This is Microsoft. The only copyright they're interested in is their own software :)

Regards
Bill
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

fredbucket wrote:
WCosand wrote:I do not understand how it can be claimed that there is no copyright notice on these pieces
This is Microsoft. The only copyright they're interested in is their own software :)
Checking the facts, it's the New York Public Library that contributed it, under a library funding from Microsoft.
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello All,

But it's a great collection - are we really objecting to any errors that Microsoft or the NY Public Library may have made by putting this (perhaps only e-temporarily) in the public domain?

Thank you WCosand for bringing this to my attention.

regards,
tobyjj
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Jean-Séb »

WCosand wrote:I do not understand how it can be claimed that there is no copyright notice on these pieces, but this is an interesting album scanned by Microsoft:
http://archive.org/details/latinamericanpia00newy
The second half of the book has pieces by Alexandra [de] Markoff, who was a Russian pianist, dedicatee of pieces by Lyadov, who lived in Paris and, from what I can understand from the web, probably emigrated to the United States and maybe later to Latin America. Some of the pieces are not at all Latin America in style.
Carambola

Post by Carambola »

Hello All,

Someone could upload music of recent Venezuelan composers such as Ramón Delgado Palacios & Alba Quintanilla, here is their music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3RGk61e3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznY68wuYHU

Here I tried to upload a collection of Moisés Moleiro but it's too heavy, for now check his Joropo:
Moisés Moleiro - Joropo01.pdf
Sorry my english
Cheers,
Pepe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredbucket
Site Admin

Post by fredbucket »

Carambola wrote:Here I tried to upload a collection of Moisés Moleiro but it's too heavy, for now check his Joropo
Thank you for that, Pepe. Your English is fine, and is much, much better than my Spanish :)

Since Moleiro died as late as 1979, his music is still under copyright and hence should not be uploaded here unless you have permission from the composer's estate or publisher. This also applies to the other composers you mentioned. Our copyright policy may be found here - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=157

I'll leave this one up as an example of his work.

Regards
Fred