Cadenzas

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Cadenzas

Post by passthesalt »

As well as the Dohnanyi and Taneyev cadenzas to Mozart's k365, could someone please post those written by Reinecke and Saint-Saëns?

I've checked all my usual sources (which, admittedly, are meager) and can't find anything. By the way, I tried to find a youtube or other site that had the Casadesus or Bruk/Taimonov performance, but came up with zilch on that as well. Cadenza-hunting is very frustrating.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

passthesalt wrote:As well as the Dohnanyi and Taneyev cadenzas to Mozart's k365, could someone please post those written by Reinecke and Saint-Saëns?
Reinecke...
Mozart KV-365 Cadenza by Reinecke (op.87 No.12).pdf
Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

passthesalt wrote:As well as the Dohnanyi and Taneyev cadenzas to Mozart's k365, could someone please post those written by Reinecke and Saint-Saëns?
The Dohnanyi (nms).
Dohnanyi Cadenzas Mozart K365 Piano Concerto 10 Eb (I & III).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by passthesalt »

Fred and Rob,
Thanks for the Dohnanyi and Reinecke.

After digging around more, I discovered that Casadesus himself composed the cadenzas he and Gaby used for K365. What threw me off was that Bruk & Taimanov (my favorite piano duo) used the same one. My piano teacher was a student of Bruk and asserted that they probably would not have used a western composer's cadenza at the time (Taimanov, who was also a chess master, was in some trouble then for being trounced by Bobby Fischer, 6-0, but that's another story).

Anyway, a two-hour search for the Casadesus cadenzas yielded nothing except Maurice Hinson (in "Music for Piano and Orchestra") claiming that Salabert published these, but I can't find them. It's a fine little set of cadenzi - if anyone has it, I'd be forever in their debt.
rob
Pianomaniac

Post by rob »

The volume of 53 Cadenzas by Beethoven Mozart Hummel Jadassohn & Reinecke for Piano Concerti of Bach Mozart Beethoven & Weber has been floating around for some years in various excerpts, but is unfortunately missing pages 34 to 35 which covers most of Hummel's Cadenza for the first movement of Mozart's Piano Concerto 7 K242. Does anyone have these pages so that I may splice them into the volume and post the whole thing?
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Caprotti »

There is a slight error, I suppose. Hummel didn't write any arrangement of K.242 (the triple concerto in F).
He wrote his extensive arrangement and cadenzas for K.491, that can be found in the attached, more or less circulating.
Mozart - 491 - Concerto c (2H Hummel).pdf
rob
Pianomaniac

Post by rob »

Caprotti wrote:There is a slight error, I suppose. Hummel didn't write any arrangement of K.242 (the triple concerto in F).
He wrote his extensive arrangement and cadenzas for K.491, that can be found in the attached, more or less circulating.
Oddly, that solved the problem. I had the missing pages 34 & 35, but labelled (correctly) as K491. So yes, Caprotti is right, the contents list of the 53 Cadenzas volume is incorrect according to modern day numbering of Wolfie's concerti! This perhaps explains why the volume had been split into its constituent parts.

Anyway, here is the volume now in one piece with the pages 34 & 35 (K491) inserted. Perhaps some kind person would create a fresh contents list that is accurate according to our modern day numbering & Koechel catalogue reference?

http://rapidshare.com/files/295911196/B ... denzas.rar
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

having to face now with 51,000 scores in digital format, sometimes it happens that I don't understand anymore waht I have and what I don't.

1) Rob's link above is the complete 53 cadenzas volume, including the Hummel for 491

2) attachment n.1 is another Reinecke cadenza for K.482 that seems not inserted in the above volume (op.87 n.41)

3) I can't find a complete volume that contains all the cadenzas written by Reinecke under the opus number 87. They should be more than forty. I suspect that within the 40 or so he included also the cadenzas written by others and recompiled by him, as for the link 1. If not we must absolutely find that volume !!!!!!
482 - Reinecke.pdf
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

for instance, this is not included in the 53 album :

Verfasser Reinecke, Carl [119388472]
Überordnung Reinecke, Carl: Kadenzen zu klassischen Pianoforte-Konzerten.
Band 40
Titel Cadenz zum Konzert-Rondo (D-Dur) von W. A. Mozart
ID TT000079719

Bandzählung 40
1. Person Reinecke, Carl [119388472]
2. Person Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus [118584596]
Titel Cadenz zum Konzert-Rondo (D-Dur) von W. A. Mozart
Materialben. Musikdruck
Untertitel Op. 87, No. 40
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

rob wrote: Perhaps some kind person would create a fresh contents list that is accurate according to our modern day numbering & Koechel catalogue reference?
Leave it to me - I'll produce one in the next day or two.