Page 2 of 5

Children's Corner

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:00 pm
by FW190
Suggestion for the thread title: Children's corner.
Mod note: adopted immediately! 8-)
Mozart.-.Symphony-in-Eb-Menuetto-(4H-facile-Kroeger).pdf

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:17 pm
by davida march
If anyone finds the Hans Anderson pieces of Yvonne Adair I've been after for ages, please... or maybe thanks...
http://composers-classical-music.com/a/AdairYvonne.htm

dm

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 pm
by fredbucket
davida march wrote:If anyone finds the Hans Anderson pieces of Yvonne Adair I've been after for ages, please... or maybe thanks...
Not quite that, but maybe this may go part of the way...
adair, yvonne - little dog tails.pdf
Regards
Fred

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:22 am
by davida march
fredbucket wrote:
davida march wrote:If anyone finds the Hans Anderson pieces of Yvonne Adair I've been after for ages, please... or maybe thanks...
Not quite that, but maybe this may go part of the way...
adair, yvonne - little dog tails.pdf
Regards
Fred
Thanks Fred, but I think you'll find that might be my scan.
It's very curious because the AMEB had the Anderson pieces listed for years (until about 2007) for Preliminary/Gr 1 - but I've never heard or seen them. Dog Tales are cute and I often teach these ones to the kiddies.
Helen

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 am
by fredbucket
davida march wrote:Thanks Fred, but I think you'll find that might be my scan.
My apologies, I have no idea where I got it from :)
davida march wrote:It's very curious because the AMEB had the Anderson pieces listed for years (until about 2007) for Preliminary/Gr 1 - but I've never heard or seen them.
They're not in my 2007 AMEB book.

Regards
Fred

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:42 am
by davida march
fredbucket wrote:
davida march wrote:Thanks Fred, but I think you'll find that might be my scan.
My apologies, I have no idea where I got it from :)
davida march wrote:It's very curious because the AMEB had the Anderson pieces listed for years (until about 2007) for Preliminary/Gr 1 - but I've never heard or seen them.
They're not in my 2007 AMEB book.

Regards
Fred
You keep back- dated AMEB books? 2006 then or 2005...
I wish they'd make all stuff available online - such a waste of trees.
H

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:14 pm
by fredbucket
davida march wrote:You keep back- dated AMEB books? 2006 then or 2005...
No, just the one. I'm too cheap to update it.
davida march wrote:I wish they'd make all stuff available online - such a waste of trees.
They can't do that - they'd lose too much money. It's a nice little earner for them.

Regards
Fred

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:26 pm
by davida march
Eileen Joyce concert shoes.jpg
toypiano.jpg
Photo833.jpg
fredbucket wrote:
davida march wrote:You keep back- dated AMEB books? 2006 then or 2005...
No, just the one. I'm too cheap to update it.
davida march wrote:I wish they'd make all stuff available online - such a waste of trees.
They can't do that - they'd lose too much money. It's a nice little earner for them.

Regards
Fred
I have several articles (apart from editing stuff) that I'm working on:
1) Mental Health and government agencies (especially form losing)
2) A feminist perspective on pedalling in high heels
3) Music examination bodies: Human Rights abuse against pixies
4) Toy pianos in the garden

Nice pics - need more glamor shoes though,

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 pm
by passthesalt
Was the piano placed in the garden so pixies could play it?

The black keys are painted on! Must everything played on the piano be in C major?

If you actually write an article about the "feminist perspective on pedalling in high heels," please post a link here. Seriously, I'm interested in this. I've seen some Cliburn competitors of the female persuasion tripped up by new high heels that were not given a test-drive before going on stage.

Re: Children's Corner

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:10 pm
by davida march
passthesalt wrote:Was the piano placed in the garden so pixies could play it?

The black keys are painted on! Must everything played on the piano be in C major?

If you actually write an article about the "feminist perspective on pedalling in high heels," please post a link here. Seriously, I'm interested in this. I've seen some Cliburn competitors of the female persuasion tripped up by new high heels that were not given a test-drive before going on stage.
The feminist pedalling one IS serious!
(perhaps I told a small fib about the pixies!)
dm