Bach - Hyphenated

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Bach - Hyphenated

Post by Jean-Séb »

Pianoman, just out of curiosity, are you setting a huge musical library ? Are you going to resell these scores ? I don't think we have ever seen so many requests in such a short time !
Pianoman
Pianophiliac

Post by Pianoman »

Jean-Séb wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:23 pm Pianoman, just out of curiosity, are you setting a huge musical library ? Are you going to resell these scores ? I don't think we have ever seen so many requests in such a short time !
No selling whatsoever! That goes completely against my principles!

By the way, who's the "owner" of a site named "Piano Rare Scores" that is SELLING all of the scores of this forum?

I'm only trying to collect and organize all the pieces mentioned in the piano syllabus of my music school.
I'm even trying to create a index file in Microsoft Word where you click on the name of a piece and the PDF appears on screen.

So, that's why I have so many requests (and I'm not asking for everything I need...). Please don't be upset with me! this is kind of a "live project" for me.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Pianoman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 pm By the way, who's the "owner" of a site named "Piano Rare Scores" that is SELLING all of the scores of this forum?
This is precisely a big problem which makes people more reluctant to share their rare scores here to find them later sold by "Piano rare scores", although of course it is nice in a way to see unknown music beeing disseminated and more broadly offered to the public.
Pianoman
Pianophiliac

Post by Pianoman »

Jean-Séb wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:01 am
Pianoman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 pm By the way, who's the "owner" of a site named "Piano Rare Scores" that is SELLING all of the scores of this forum?
This is precisely a big problem which makes people more reluctant to share their rare scores here to find them later sold by "Piano rare scores", although of course it is nice in a way to see unknown music beeing disseminated and more broadly offered to the public.
The site is well organized and easy to navigate and, as you say, it's nice to have another resource to get rare music, although it's categories and thematic organization are the EXACT copy of Pianophilia! it could be almost an official site for Pianophilia!
The main problem is how he gets the scores in the first place. He takes advantage of the good-will of many users of this forum and tries to "make a buck" with it (I'm pretty sure he doesn't earn much money with that).

One question: Some of the scores I scanned years ago are signed by me. Legally, do I (or any other user that scans scores and signs them) have any chance to do a thing?
Jean-Séb wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:01 am This is precisely a big problem which makes people more reluctant to share their rare scores here
This is a really big, big problem and the Forum will die soon because of that if we don't take any action...

I don't know if this subject was debated here before but I think we should talk about it and try to find solutions.

One of them (a little stupid, I guess) is to use the forum only for information and requests, and the score is given to the user who requested it by Private Message (I told you it was stupid...).

Well...thanks anyway.
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

Pianoman wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:17 am I don't know if this subject was debated here before but I think we should talk about it and try to find solutions.
The good old piano rare scores debate... I really hate the person who is running this site since they had stolen some of my self-made Niemann editions. I think everyone on this forum struggles with prs.
Pianoman
Pianophiliac

Post by Pianoman »

WalterNiemann wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:05 pm
Pianoman wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:17 am I don't know if this subject was debated here before but I think we should talk about it and try to find solutions.
The good old piano rare scores debate... I really hate the person who is running this site since they had stolen some of my self-made Niemann editions. I think everyone on this forum struggles with prs.
I can understand why...your WORK gives revenue to ANOTHER guy! That's pure opportunism.
But does anyone knows who that guy (who is probably laughing reading this...) is?
besmart

Post by besmart »

Hello,

I’m looking for two pieces from the Violin Partita in E. BWV 1006.

The Menuet and the Bourree arranged for piano.

I have the Raff arrangements courtesy of IMSLP, but from the Bach Cantata Website there appears to be arrangements by Pauer and Ackley Brower. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

besmart wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 am Hello,

I’m looking for two pieces from the Violin Partita in E. BWV 1006.

The Menuet and the Bourree arranged for piano.
There are some on the Mutopia site from Bach-Gesellschaft Edition 1879 Band 42: https://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/m ... =&preview=

It's also worthwhile keeping an eye on Eleonor Bindman's site as she is turning out new Bach transcriptions all the time: https://eleonorbindman.com/transcriptions/
naturlaut

Post by naturlaut »

Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes

My Bach repertoire is a little rusty. Does anyone know the BWV numerals for these two sets of Preludes?
Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

naturlaut wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:22 pm Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes

My Bach repertoire is a little rusty. Does anyone know the BWV numerals for these two sets of Preludes?Bach-Merzhanov Organ Chorale Preludes.pdf
Because I'm lazy, I googled the edition
http://expiano.org/piano/bach/news/tran ... dex_3.html says

* Chorale prelude "Beloved Jesus, we are here" BWV 731
* Chorale "Just leave it to God's providence" and three preludes BWV 690 & 691 & 642

Also: Victor Merzhanov (1919-2012) is a Russian pianist and music teacher. For a long time he reigned as a major figure in the Moscow Conservatory. He was a student of Feinberg