Max Reger

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
jre58591
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Max Reger

Post by jre58591 »

I've created this thread for basically any of his music. My first request, though, is one for chamber music. I still created the thread here so that everything of his (chamber, solo, orchestral) could be found in one place. Anyways, does anyone have any of his piano quintets or piano quartets? Any of his chamber music with piano would be fine, also.
klavierelch
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Recorder

Re: Max Reger

Post by klavierelch »

Ars opus est hominis, non opus artis homo.

John Owen, Epigrammata (1615)
alegitor
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by alegitor »

jre58591 wrote:I've created this thread for basically any of his music. My first request, though, is one for chamber music. I still created the thread here so that everything of his (chamber, solo, orchestral) could be found in one place. Anyways, does anyone have any of his piano quintets or piano quartets? Any of his chamber music with piano would be fine, also.
I only have this, NMS.
Reger_-_Op._133_Quartet_Vl,_Va,_Vc,_Pno_-_vl_part.pdf
Reger_-_Op._133_Quartet_Vl,_Va,_Vc,_Pno_-_vc_part.pdf
Reger_-_Op._133_Quartet_Vl,_Va,_Vc,_Pno_-_va_part.pdf
Reger_-_Op._133_Quartet_Vl,_Va,_Vc,_Pno_-_pno_score.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Hobbypianist »

If you have a bit of patience, I plan to upload approx. in November, Dezember all the missing piano, piano chamber music and orchestral works on IMSLP (the scores which will be blocked I'll post here in this forum). If desired I can post also rare works by Reger from 2 supplement volumes of the complete edition.

HP
alpha

Post by alpha »

Hobbypianist wrote:If desired I can post also rare works by Reger from 2 supplement volumes of the complete edition.

HP
That would be great if possible. I had started the Reger rarities thread on the old forum with my postings of In der Nacht and Ewig Dein! but I am still looking for the following piano works without opus number, which I know are in the supplemental volumes:

1. Grand Valse de Concert "Op. 378"
2. Sechs Klavierstucke
3. Liebestraum
4. Allegretto graziozo
5. Humoreske
6. Perpetuum mobile
7. Scherzo
8. Marsch der Stiftsdamen
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

no problem, here are the scores and also the other 2 pieces you mentioned. Regarding the Humoreske: which one do you mean? I couldn't find such a single piece. Maybe it's part of a cycle? Reger wrote many nice Humorekes ;)
Reger_Allegretto_grazioso_in_F_for_piano_RGA.pdf
Reger_Ewig_dein_for_piano_RGA.pdf
Reger_Grande_Valse_de_Concert.pdf
Reger_In_der_Nacht_for_piano_RGA.pdf
Reger_Liebestraum_for_piano_RGA.pdf
Reger_Marsch_der_Stiftsdamen_for_piano_RGA.pdf
Reger_Perpetuum_mobile_in_cis_for_piano_RGA.pdf
Reger_Scherzo_in_fis_for_piano_RGA.pdf
Reger_Sechs_Klavierstuecke_RGA.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alpha

Post by alpha »

Wow, incredible, thank you so much. I was referring to the Humoreske of 1898, which was apparently published by B&H in 1943, before the collected works.
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

Hobbypianist: Sounds more than nice, your project!

Less rare repertory, but perfectly interpreted: Ekaterina Derzhavina plays Reger with her matchless lightness: Humoreske e minor from op.82 "Aus meinem Tagebuch", Book 3, No. 6 (by courtesy of the artist):
Reger op.82 3.Band Nr.6 Humoreske e-Moll (Aus meinem Tagebuch) - Ekaterina Derzhavina.mp3
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

alpha wrote:Wow, incredible, thank you so much. I was referring to the Humoreske of 1898, which was apparently published by B&H in 1943, before the collected works.
ok, now I know what you mean. One the website of the Reger-Institut this piece is listed. However, I've searched in Google, Worldcat and several libraries, always the same result: No.6 of the 6 Klavierstücke "Grüße an die Jugend" (written 1898) and published 1943 by B&H.

Hmm, really strange, I'm not a Reger expert but is there really such a single piece? I think I have scanned all the lesser known piano pieces from the complete edition and there was no Humoreske. But I will check this once again!

kh0815: thanks for the recording. Indeed, very well played, with the typical capriciousness and sudden changes like in many of his pieces.

HP
alpha

Post by alpha »

Hobbypianist wrote:
alpha wrote:Wow, incredible, thank you so much. I was referring to the Humoreske of 1898, which was apparently published by B&H in 1943, before the collected works.
ok, now I know what you mean. One the website of the Reger-Institut this piece is listed. However, I've searched in Google, Worldcat and several libraries, always the same result: No.6 of the 6 Klavierstücke "Grüße an die Jugend" (written 1898) and published 1943 by B&H.

Hmm, really strange, I'm not a Reger expert but is there really such a single piece? I think I have scanned all the lesser known piano pieces from the complete edition and there was no Humoreske. But I will check this once again!
HP
Upon further reflection, you are probably right that there is no separate piece with this title. I had based that assumption on the fact that the MRI lists Sechs Klavierstucke separate from Humoresque, both of the year 1898. I checked some other sources and I think the reason for this is that the original manuscript of the 6 pieces did not contain the Humoresque, but rather the piece Nordische Ballade, which either Reger or his publisher took out of the the 6 pieces and included in the Aquarellen as #4. Hence the MRI site lists the 6 pieces and the Humoresque as separate, which is true as far as the manuscripts go, but when the actual publication took place in 1943, the Humoresque was included.