Scriabin, his circle and his influence

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
pianojay
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Scriabin, his circle and his influence

Post by pianojay »

Sorry, Davide, but your "very carefully" has not been careful enough. I can ASSURE you that my corrections are 100% accurate.
For everyone's good, I urge you to put in these corrections and supply a corrected finished version. There is no point in my doing a separate "edition".
pianojay

Post by pianojay »

Well, Davide and I put our heads and our intuitions together and can now happily provide you all with what can
be considered to be a most reliable edition of Obukhov's "Eternal Souvenir". Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0z99d4sv33m4sl
emzett
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by emzett »

Who can help me? I am looking for Ivan Wyshnegradsky "3 pièces" (Prélude, Elevation, Solitude), any ideas where to find them?
Thanks in advance, Emzett.
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

emzett wrote:Who can help me? I am looking for Ivan Wyshnegradsky "3 pièces" (Prélude, Elevation, Solitude), any ideas where to find them?
Thanks in advance, Emzett.

Hello emzett,

I would ask you, if you have any more precise informations about these three pieces. Viz:
Have a opus number? Are all in set, or are all single pieces? Were written for microtonal piano?
And especially; are you sure that score still exist?
When you are looking for sheet music very rare, it is essential to know if they still exist.... (the major part of time)

I know a person who is an expert on Wyshnegradsky; I can try to ask him, but I can not assure nothing......
But first let me know about the my questions.

Thanks
Duirton
emzett
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by emzett »

Hello Duirton,
these "three pieces" don't have an opus number and are written for piano 2h in "halftone-system" in 1950s and 1960s, they seemed to be grouped later and are sometimes augmented by an fourth piece. Except the Prélude which is listed as op. 38 in the Wyschnegradsky archiv of the Paul Sacher Foundation, in other catalogues op. 38 is given to the "forth movement symphonique" for four pianos in quartertone-system. I recently found a CD recording of these pieces made in 2004, but I don't know if they were ever published, or if the pianist plays from manuscript copies? Hope that helps, thanks a lot for your help,
Emzett
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Some new scans from Sibley...

Regards
Fred

Publication Name: Sonate no. 9 pour piano
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Scriabin, Aleksandr, Nikolayevich (1872 - 1915)

Publication Name: Sonate no. 8 pour piano, op. 66

Publication Name: Sonate no. 10 pour piano, op. 70
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Here are the pages from the three Dover Scriabin collections (The Complete Preludes and Etudes for Piano Solo; Complete Piano Sonatas; Mazurkas, Poemes, Impromptus and Other works for Piano Solo) containing the original publisher information.
Dover Scriabin editions information.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Not often one can share a lesser unknown work by Scriabin - his Presto from 1888-89 [this was the only movement completed from a projected early piano sonata].

Malcolm
Scriabin - Presto (1888-89).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

This is one of various of his early piano works available in the Kalmus Edition, so it's
probably not as rare and unknown as one might imagine. It's available from Amazon USA.
http://www.amazon.com/Scriabin-Early-Wo ... 0769276431
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Especially for Isokani.

Aleksandr Pavlovich Nemtin. Born 1936,Perm: died 1999, Moscow. Russian composer and one of the pioneers of electronic music in the Soviet Union. For a large part of his life – 26 years - he devoted himself to the development of a performance version of sketches for Scriabin’s “Mysterium”.

Alexander Nemtin received early piano lessons in Perm, and from 1949 performed his own compositions to the public. He studied at the Moscow Conservatoire with Tchulaki and graduated in 1960. From 1954 he became a noted conductor of amateur orchestras in Perm. After his studies, he concentrated on electronic music at a Moscow studio, where the first Soviet synthesizer had been developed by Murzin(the studio was closed in 1975 due to government pressure).
In 1965 Nemtin became a member of Russian Composers' Union. He himself composed two symphonies, a symphonic suite, piano concerto, two piano sonatas, piano pieces and several song cycles. However, he is most remembered for his work from 1970 on the sketches that Scriabin had left for the " Preparatory Action " or " Acte préalable" of his utopian “Mysterium”.

Nemtins reconstruction took over 26 years and was based on the 53 surviving sketches and drafts in manuscript of Scriabin's three-part score - titled "Creative Universe”, “Humanity” and “Transfiguration” – for large orchestra, chorus, solo piano, organ and a colours machine. The reconstruction of part 1 was before 1971 (first performed in Moscow in 1973 under Kondrashin); the second part in 1980 and the third part in 1996. The premiere of the third part was in Berlin in 1996 under the direction of Ashkenazy. Together all three parts were performed in 1997 in Helsinki and duly recorded.

Nemtin also reconstructed a scene and aria from the unfinished draft of Scriabin's early opera " Keistut and Birut ", and orchestrated a ballet “Nuances " using fourteen late piano pieces by Scriabin.

Piano based works include:
Op 3 Piano Sonata No. 1 (1958)
Op 5 Old Suite (1964) 1. Sarabande 2. Bourree 3. Bourree III [may be more movements]
Op 6 Piano Sonata No. 2 “The Irish” (1961)
Op 14 Children’s Album (1967) 1. The Lilac 2. Octave Study 3. Grandmother 4. Mazurka in D minor 5. Bagatelle
6. Mazurka in G major 7. Pastorale 8. Fantastical Waltz
Piano Concerto (1956)
Two Poemes (1970)
‘Nuances’ Ballet for Piano, Organ, Choir & Orchestra [based on music by Scriabin] (1972)
Children’s Album - Seven Pieces for Young Players (1976) 1. Danish Folksong 2. Twilight 3. Arabesque 4. Lullaby
5. Russian Soldier’s Song 6. Scherzo 7. Patriotic Song
Three Poemes (1987)

Piano Sonata No. 1 duly posted [I also have No. 2 in the pipeline] - definite not for the faint-hearted.
Nemtin A - Op 3 Piano Sonata No. 1.pdf
Malcolm