Scriabin, his circle and his influence

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
chrispiano

Lourié

Post by chrispiano »

Could anyone possibly help me: I'm giving a recital in February 2010 with works by Russian composers - they have asked me to play Artur Lourie's Two Compositions for piano (I believe it was written in 1936), and I have spent weeks looking for a copy to no avail! If someone could possibly point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated as I am at the point of tearing my hair out!!

Kindest Regards,
Chris
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes

Lourié

Post by rob »

chrispiano wrote:...Artur Lourie's Two Compositions for piano (I believe it was written in 1936), and I have spent weeks looking for a copy to no avail!...
Chris, I moved your post to the Scriabinists thread where Lourie definitely belongs.

Here's the only decent Lourie worklist I have:
Lourie List of Works.pdf
And here is the Phoenix Park Nocturne of 1938, which is I believe the second of the two pieces to which you are referring.
Lourie 1936-8 Two Compositions - 2 A Phoenix Park Nocturne 1938.pdf
I suspect the Berceuse de la Chevresse (1936) is the first of these Two Pieces, published together with the Phoenix Park Nocturne in 1942. Sadly I do not have the Berceuse.

A couple of useful webpages: http://www.lourie.ch/ & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Louri%C3%A9

What else do you plan on performing in your recital? Do please post a notice in our Recitals & Concerts forum...

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klavierelch
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Recorder

Re: Lourié

Post by klavierelch »

Rob has beaten me, I was too slow. The Two compositions by Lourié indeed are "Berceuse de la chevresse" and "Phoenix Park Nocturne". These were originally published by G. Schirmer, but they are out of print. Like Rob I don't have the Berceuse.
Ars opus est hominis, non opus artis homo.

John Owen, Epigrammata (1615)
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Lourié

Post by mballan »

klavierelch wrote:Rob has beaten me, I was too slow. The Two compositions by Lourié indeed are "Berceuse de la chevresse" and "Phoenix Park Nocturne". These were originally published by G. Schirmer, but they are out of print. Like Rob I don't have the Berceuse.
Chris

Re: Lourie - Berceuse de la Chevresse

If you e-mail Schirmer's they will provide a copy from their archive [and cost aren't usually too bad]......I've obtain quite a number of works from their archive over the years.

Malcolm
midlope

Re: Scriabin, his circle and his influence

Post by midlope »

In addition to Julian, another offspring of Scriabin to have composed was his daughter, Marina Scriabine (sometimes Skrjabin). A couple piano sonatas, a score for a ballet, and a quartet for ondes martinots, according to World Cat, all in manuscript form, housed in the Free Library of Philadelphia (USA) and apparently available electronically to students/faculty of a few American/Canadian universities.
chrispiano

Post by chrispiano »

Many thanks to all of you for helping, at least I've got a starting point now!! When I get hold of the first piece, as long as it does not break any copyright restrictions, I'll upload it for you. Thank you for your suggestion with regards to giving you my concert dates, the one for next year, the date has not been confirmed yet, so I shall keep you updated, however, I am giving a recital on in November with works from Alkan, Liszt, Chopin and Rachmaninov.

Many thanks once again for all your help, it is duly appreciated.

Chris
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

I'm not sure if this had ever been discussed on the older forum, but does anyone know if there's ever been a print edition of Samuil Feinberg's 3rd piano concerto, op. 44?
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

caostotale wrote:I'm not sure if this had ever been discussed on the older forum, but does anyone know if there's ever been a print edition of Samuil Feinberg's 3rd piano concerto, op. 44?
Both score and 2 piano arrangement were published by Soviet Compozitor in 1961.

Malc
jre58591

Post by jre58591 »

I would please like to see Roslavets' two viola sonatas. Or have these been recently copyrighted by Schott also?
emzett
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by emzett »

jre58591 wrote:I would please like to see Roslavets' two viola sonatas. Or have these been recently copyrighted by Schott also?
Roslavets is published and copyrighted by Schott including both viola sonatas…
br
emzett