Scriabin, his circle and his influence

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
pianojay
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Scriabin, his circle and his influence

Post by pianojay »

Delighted to share with all of you Obukhov enthusiasts a copy of the manuscript of his 5-part suite for piano, "Eternel".
In the Lemoine collection that was released in December 2009, there are only the 3rd and 5th. It was decided not to include the other 3 since they are barely legible. Here you have all 5. With diligence and imagination, not to mention a good knowledge of the style, one can in fact "fill in the blanks". Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0a5j6hzh368g7z
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

Many thanks. Amusing to see the title "Clarte profonde."
isokani
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by isokani »

Thanks so much Jay!
Really important to have all these pieces. I thought the Lemoine collection pretty badly put together, in fact. I hope it was not you! (Don't think it was ...) ;)
I managed to edit some of the other pieces they couldn't.
pianojay

Post by pianojay »

You're welcome!
And just for the record, no, I had nothing to do with the choices for that Lemoine compilation.
Only the record!
All Best,
Jay
arglmann
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Glass Organ, Honk

Post by arglmann »

pianojay wrote:Delighted to share with all of you Obukhov enthusiasts a copy of the manuscript of his 5-part suite for piano, "Eternel".
In the Lemoine collection that was released in December 2009, there are only the 3rd and 5th. It was decided not to include the other 3 since they are barely legible. Here you have all 5. With diligence and imagination, not to mention a good knowledge of the style, one can in fact "fill in the blanks". Enjoy.

Thank you for this, dear pianojay!

I wonder if anyone has heard from the cycle of Obukhov called "Livre de vie".
It's supposed to consist of 3000 pages of music (!?), featuring an instrument called "Kristall"...
I would appreciate if someone had some information about it and could share it with us.

Thank you!

Arglmann
Listen, die die Welt bedeuten.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

pianojay wrote:Delighted to share with all of you Obukhov enthusiasts a copy of the manuscript of his 5-part suite for piano, "Eternel".

With very special thanks to Davide [Duirton on PP] who worked through another copy of the original manuscript - here is a clean printed version of Obukhov's "Eternal Souvenir". This undoubtedly took much painstaking work to draw together the manaucript into a readable version, so all credit and thanks should be directed to Davide for his commitment and diligence in creating this excellent copy.

Malcolm
Obukhov - Eternal Souvenir (edizione).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

The my excuse at all. In the previous pdf of the "Eternal Suite" posted by Malcom, there are many mistake in all five pieces made by me.
Here you can find the corrected pdf. Unfortunately cause the few legibility of the manuscript is impossible do an absolutely definitive version of the score, especially in the fourth piece "Statue". In the my work on the score, has been to great help photoshop for decipher the text, I want only say that the text is more that enough trusty (however is ever possible compare the my pdf with the manuscript posted by Jay).

An salute!
Duirton
Obukhov - Eternal Souvenir (OK).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pianojay

Post by pianojay »

Davide, it's great that you have taken the trouble to get the Obukhov "Eternal Souvenir" into clear form. However,
there are still many mistakes.
In the 1st piece, Clarté Profonde:
-in the 2nd measure, the last note of the right hand is D-sharp (not D-natural).
-in the 3rd measure, remove the fermata on the 5th beat.
-in the 5th measure, the 3rd beat of the left hand is D-sharp (not C-sharp).
-in the 5th measure, there is a grace note to the 4th beat, parallel with the G-sharp in the
right hand: an F, 10th below the A to which it is a grace note.
-in the 7th measure, the last note of the right hand is D-sharp (not D-natural).
-in the 9th measure, the last note of the right hand is E-natural (not E-sharp).
-in the last (10th) measure, the left hand is EXACTLY the same as in measure 3, plus the fermata on the 3rd beat.

Enough for today.
Courage!
Jay
Last edited by pianojay on Mon May 09, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

Many thanks Davide... this is superb.

Regards,
Parag
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

pianojay wrote:Davide, it's great that you have taken the trouble to get the Obukhov "Eternal Souvenir" into clear form. However,
there are still many mistakes.
In the 1st piece, Clarté Profonde:
-in the 2nd measure, the last note of the right hand is D-sharp (not D-natural).
-in the 3rd measure, remove the fermata on the 5th beat.
-in the 5th measure, the 3rd beat of the left hand is D-sharp (not C-sharp).
-in the 5th measure, there is a grace note to the 4th beat, parallel with the G-sharp in the
right hand: an F, 10th below the A to which it is a grace note.
-in the 7th measure, the last note of the right hand is D-sharp (not D-natural).
-in the 9th measure, the last note of the right hand is E-natural (not E-sharp).
-in the last (10th) measure, the left hand is EXACTLY the same as in measure 3, plus the fermata on the 3rd beat.

Enough for today.
Courage!
Jay

Jay, I've read the your list of mistake in the first piece "Clarte profonde". I want only say that I do not agree almost all what you wrote. I've checked very carefully the score and I can say that in my edition is reported exactly that is present in the manuscript. The only thing from the your indications considerable is -in the 5th measure, the 3rd beat of the left hand is D-sharp (not C-sharp)-. Could be D-sharp.
Because in your version of "Clarte profonde" there are substantial differences from mine, I would propose to make your own version of the first piece, when you have a moment of time.

However, thanks!
D.