Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongrie

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Post Reply
User avatar
burgmuller
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Spain

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by burgmuller » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Thank you Jim Faston. I saw it, but, I cant' buy a whole book just for one score, at that price. Too much for my economy for the moment.

Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 am
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by Jim Faston » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 pm

I hear you. I'm not seeing it in any libraries either.

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by mballan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:02 am

burgmuller wrote:Thank you Jim Faston. I saw it, but, I cant' buy a whole book just for one score, at that price. Too much for my economy for the moment.
burgmuller - try Berlin card index, they seem to have the pieces listed in the album and would be a fraction of the cost.

Malcolm

User avatar
burgmuller
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Spain

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by burgmuller » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:18 am

Thank you very much!! I'll try there

User avatar
burgmuller
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Spain

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by burgmuller » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:35 am

mballan wrote: burgmuller - try Berlin card index, they seem to have the pieces listed in the album and would be a fraction of the cost.

Malcolm
Hi, yes you are right, I contacted them, and they kindly answered they have Prelude Pathetique, but I'm not sure if it is the one I want, I have to find out. Thanks a lot for your help

GJF323
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:55 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by GJF323 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:54 pm

From what I could find out, Pazdirek gives no opus to Maritta but assigns op.32 to the Trois Pieces, N.1 of which we can be reasonably sure is the piece we want since there are only 2 preludes listed in Pazdirek and I doubt the YouTube performer changed the title (op.16 n5 Prelude Pathetique just doesn't seem to be in character for the YouTube piece which is quite serene).

As a further wrinkle, a simple search in the Hungarian National Library for Agghazy Prelude brought up Trois Pieces with an op.33. So, I think this is where it can be found. Sounds like a simple opus confusion - who is right would probably be clear from getting the copy from Hungarian National Library. But I'm not sure how to do this - the PDF on demand link doesn't appear & clicking on available copies button shows no copies available??

EDIT I found a way to display that there is a copy available; only indication is no ILL which is understandable.

Also, op.32/(33) n2 is a Nocturne (so is op.6 located at British Library) and I think it would be nice to hear his forays into that genre.

User avatar
burgmuller
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Spain

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by burgmuller » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:29 pm

GJF323 wrote:From what I could find out, Pazdirek gives no opus to Maritta but assigns op.32 to the Trois Pieces, N.1 of which we can be reasonably sure is the piece we want since there are only 2 preludes listed in Pazdirek and I doubt the YouTube performer changed the title (op.16 n5 Prelude Pathetique just doesn't seem to be in character for the YouTube piece which is quite serene).

As a further wrinkle, a simple search in the Hungarian National Library for Agghazy Prelude brought up Trois Pieces with an op.33. So, I think this is where it can be found. Sounds like a simple opus confusion - who is right would probably be clear from getting the copy from Hungarian National Library. But I'm not sure how to do this - the PDF on demand link doesn't appear & clicking on available copies button shows no copies available??

EDIT I found a way to display that there is a copy available; only indication is no ILL which is understandable.

Also, op.32/(33) n2 is a Nocturne (so is op.6 located at British Library) and I think it would be nice to hear his forays into that genre.
Yes, I think you are right, that op three pieces is the one. I sent a mail to a library in Budapest, but not answer yet. Thanks for the help!!

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by mballan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:50 am

burgmuller - Berlin also have the Op 32 pieces in their card index - as well as quite a lot of works by Agghazy - so worth considering if you are not successful with Budapest.

Malcolm

User avatar
burgmuller
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Spain

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by burgmuller » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:31 am

Ok thank you Mballan, but I sent a mail to berlin and they said they have an op for violin, and the op 6 nocturne for piano, they didnt mention the op 32 at all. I dont think is that one, anyway.

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by mballan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:03 am

burgmuller wrote:Ok thank you Mballan, but I sent a mail to berlin and they said they have an op for violin, and the op 6 nocturne for piano, they didnt mention the op 32 at all. I dont think is that one, anyway.
Burgmuller:

Berlin have far more works by Agghazy they they informed you (suspect they just check their electronic catalogue when the vast amount of their music collection is still by card index - I found over 24 piano works alone by Agghazy on their card index). Nonetheless, you have made me curious so I have ordered a number of pieces from them and hopefully your prelude will be amongst that order (usually takes 2-3 weeks). I will share if successful :D

Malcolm

Post Reply