Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongrie

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország - Hong

Post by musiclife217 »

parsonstreet wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 pm Does anyone have a copy of Stephen Heller's op 7 impromptus? I have just found a performance of them on Japanese youtube channel but I cannot find the score at the usual sources to download or buy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1OnPVz ... plpp_video
was this score ever found? Worldcat only shows 1 copy at Danish Royal library.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongrie

Post by Jean-Séb »

Never seen this op.7.
A comment about it from the time it was just played in concert by Heller himself :
https://books.google.fr/books?id=4b5CAA ... &q&f=false
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

musiclife217 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:31 am
parsonstreet wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 pm Does anyone have a copy of Stephen Heller's op 7 impromptus? I have just found a performance of them on Japanese youtube channel but I cannot find the score at the usual sources to download or buy. :)

Hi musiclife, parsonstreet and Jean-Séb,

You will also find a copy of this work in the catalogue of the Südwestdeutschen Bibliotheksverbundes and the Catalogo del Servizio Bibliotecario Nazionale, Italy.

Best
4c
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

4candles wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:37 pm
musiclife217 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:31 am

Hi musiclife, parsonstreet and Jean-Séb,

You will also find a copy of this work in the catalogue of the Südwestdeutschen Bibliotheksverbundes and the Catalogo del Servizio Bibliotecario Nazionale, Italy.

Best
4c
Thank you for this information! It seems the Op. 8 Rondo-Scherzo was nicely recorded also, but, alas, no score, either! I can't seem to find a good catalogue record of this one, too. Hmmmm…

It would be nice to move Heller out of the 'etude composer' category....
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

musiclife217 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:31 am Thank you for this information! It seems the Op. 8 Rondo-Scherzo was nicely recorded also, but, alas, no score, either! I can't seem to find a good catalogue record of this one, too. Hmmmm…

It would be nice to move Heller out of the 'etude composer' category....
Hi musiclife

I find the Karlsruher Virtueller Katalog (KVK) an excellent resource. I found 6 separate records for this piece including at the British Library, French National Library and Italian Union Catalogue. :)

Good luck in your search.

4c
ManatuBear
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by ManatuBear »

I heard recently the complete works for pianoforte by János Fusz (aka Johann Fuss) and I've been scouring the internet for the sheet music (buy/download/whatever) but I can't find a single thing (except 2 non piano pieces in Imslp).
Does anyone knows where I can find/buy them?
There must exist some organization/entity in Hungary that looks after these cultural things, but since I don't know any Hungarian, my Google searches with Google translate help have lead me nowhere.
I'll gladly share them if I can buy them.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

ManatuBear wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:06 am I heard recently the complete works for pianoforte by János Fusz (aka Johann Fuss) and I've been scouring the internet for the sheet music (buy/download/whatever) but I can't find a single thing (except 2 non piano pieces in Imslp).
Does anyone knows where I can find/buy them?
There must exist some organization/entity in Hungary that looks after these cultural things, but since I don't know any Hungarian, my Google searches with Google translate help have lead me nowhere.
I'll gladly share them if I can buy them.

Fuzs was primarily noted for his songs and a few chamber pieces, although apparently he wrote approx. 30 piano pieces. I have attached the Allemandes which was available through the Polish National Library. I suspect any records of the scores might be found more through card indexes (Berlin State Library had a few piano pieces). WorldCat primarily had songs and the chamber pieces. It might be that some of his piano works were never published so the Hungarian National Library may be able to advise.

I also noticed that there was a CD of his works played by Aniko Horvath (2009) - and it might be wise to see if he is contactable to ask about the scores or approach Hungaroton. Might suggest they are likely to be held in Hungary and worth checking their National Library as I said.

Malcolm
Fusz J - Allemandes.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

mballan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:29 pm [
I also noticed that there was a CD of his works played by Aniko Horvath (2009) - and it might be wise to see if he is contactable to ask about the scores or approach Hungaroton. Might suggest they are likely to be held in Hungary and worth checking their National Library as I said.

Malcolm

Fusz J - Allemandes.pdf
Additionally try libraries in Leipzig and Bratislava where he worked and possibly used local publishers.