Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary

Post by ilu »

Geza Horvath.

Malcolm posted his Octave Study; now I share with you all a delightful sonatine.

Ilu.

Mod edit: This is op 108, not 106 and has been in circulation for several years now. I have added the NMS etc.FB
Horvath-op106-sonatine.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quo melius Illac
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Fred:

Thank you for the correction and for adding -nms-tttos-

Ilu
Quo melius Illac
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

Wasn't Geza Horvath in any case Hungarian, not Czech or Slovak?
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

rob wrote:Wasn't Geza Horvath in any case Hungarian, not Czech or Slovak?
10 out of 10 for Rob...yes he was Hungarian.

Malcolm

PS: can you move to that thread ?
mballan
Site Owner

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország - Hongrie

Post by mballan »

Károly Aggházy, or Aggházy Károly in Hungarian order (1855, Budapest – 1918, same) was a Hungarian piano virtuoso and composer. Aggházy was a pupil of Robert Volkmann, Anton Bruckner, and Franz Liszt. He later taught at the National Conservatory in Budapest. Besides several operas, most notably Maritta (1895), he chiefly wrote chamber music and pieces for piano.

I have posted his arrangement for piano solo of a Concert Duo originally for Violin and Piano by Aggházy and Hubay.

Puszta-Klange (Echos de la Puszta)
Agghazy K - Puszla-Klange.pdf
Malcolm & Mr P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

mballan wrote: Puszla-Klange (Echos de la Puszla)
Thank you, Malc! But please have mercy with us germans! Must read: "Puszta-Klänge"
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

alfor wrote:
Thank you, Malc! But please have mercy with us germans! Must read: "Puszta-Klänge"
Sorry Alfred...I've corrected the "t" but remember my keyboard does not cover the nuonces of other languages especially with file names - and it was agreed through all re-incarnations of Pianophilia that English remains the dominant language for messages and posting on the site. I appreciate that means that languages like German and French, for example, [or even my beloved Russian], will lack the required accents etc. with specific letters [the alternative is to write out everything in Word, search out the required letters in symbols and cut/paste....... but alas I do not have the time]. I fully understand that is an irritation to fellow Europeans or even further afield - but then I would not seek to correct a member's usage of English on the site. So a litle tolerance and forebearance is begged by all.

By the way Germans is with a capital "G" !

Malcolm
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

mballan wrote:
alfor wrote:
So a litle tolerance and forebearance is begged by all.

Malcolm
I totally agree and accept the dominance of the English language in this forum. (So I of course will tolerate all Schonbergs, Schutts etc.).
Thanks for the hint with capital "G". There are of course many cases where I am more than uncertain regarding the English language. While everyday (British) English may be of only moderate difficulty, I know very well that the more sophisticated English has an immense vocabulary (estimated about one million!!!) and is far beyond my capabilities.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

alfor wrote:
mballan wrote:
alfor wrote:
So a litle tolerance and forebearance is begged by all.

Malcolm
I totally agree and accept the dominance of the English language in this forum. (So I of course will tolerate all Schonbergs, Schutts etc.).
Thanks for the hint with capital "G". There are of course many cases where I am more than uncertain regarding the English language. While everyday (British) English may be of only moderate difficulty, I know very well that the more sophisticated English has an immense vocabulary (estimated about one million!!!) and is far beyond my capabilities.
And it is always enormously appreciated that those who do not have English (of whatever variety) as their native language nevertheless go to enormous effort to be completely involved in dialogues completely in English. It makes me feel very humble indeed when my own foreign language skills are so very basic. So, thank you Alfred, and everyone who is involved in this marvellous forum that Jan-Terje started all those years ago.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

rob wrote:And it is always enormously appreciated that those who do not have English (of whatever variety) as their native language nevertheless go to enormous effort to be completely involved in dialogues completely in English.
Ég algjörlega sammála.

Kveðjur
Fred