Piano Etudes

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Etudes

Post by fleubis »

Wonderful, Malcolm! This pair of nice etudes are musically interesting while working on ones legato 3rds and 6ths.....and not the endless scales one often encounters- IMSLP has Op.28 No.2 of the six etudes in the set--another worthwhile etude. Let's keep our eyes out for the remaining five in this Op.28 set--the titles alone look interesting.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

mballan wrote:Then especially for you Fleubis - two etudes Op 43 by Max Jentsch (1855-1918). Useful worklist at the end of etude No. 2 and a few other works on IMSLP.

Malcolm
Jentsch M - Op 43 Zwei Etuden No. 1 Terzen-Etude [mhb].pdf
Jentsch M - Op 43 Zwei Etuden No. 2 Sexten-Etude [mhb].pdf
fleubis wrote:Wonderful, Malcolm! This pair of nice etudes are musically interesting while working on ones legato 3rds and 6ths.....and not the endless scales one often encounters- IMSLP has Op.28 No.2 of the six etudes in the set--another worthwhile etude. Let's keep our eyes out for the remaining five in this Op.28 set--the titles alone look interesting.
Yes, thanks for this Malcolm. I have the first etude of Op. 28, and have been meaning to upload this for a couple of years, but not gotten round to it :roll:
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Rafael Joseffy (1852-1915) - again on IMSLP, but a poor copy, so again have scanned the copy I held.

Malcolm
Joseffy R - Concert Etude on Chopin's Waltz in Db major.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Quite the study in double notes! Thanks, Malcolm.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

I couldn't see if this had been posted here before (and as the site has been so quiet this week, I thought I would upload another scan of mine).

Abram Chasins (1903-1987) - his Op 3 Etude Appassionato.

Malcolm
Chasins A - Op 3 Etude Appassionato [mhb].pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thank you for the Chasins, Malcolm. A very worthwhile etude indeed. I find the left hand leaps a bit challenging so I'll be working on this for a bit.
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by phikfy »

Thank you Malcolm for the Chasins Etude. This one is quite a challenge to physical strength me thinks.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

mballan wrote:I couldn't see if this had been posted here before (and as the site has been so quiet this week, I thought I would upload another scan of mine).

Abram Chasins (1903-1987) - his Op 3 Etude Appassionato.

Malcolm
Chasins A - Op 3 Etude Appassionato [mhb].pdf
Thank you, dear Sir!

The piece is dedicated to Wilhelm Backhaus, whose consistent high level of performance pleased US conductors and audiences alike.
Although Backhaus was a representative of the somewhat dull ("hausbacken") Leipzig school, his technique was flawless.
Paul Badura-Skoda is among those who regard Backhaus' reading of Brahms' Paganini Variations as the most perfect ever recorded.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
kroket
Pianophiliac

Post by kroket »

mballan wrote:Surprised this thread had slipped to page 2 ! This is on IMSLP, but a rather poor copy...........so as I had a reasonable clean copy thought it worth sharing. More etudes to come shortly.

Malcolm

Carl Heymann (1854-1922) - 'Elfenspiel' Konzert Etuden
Heymann C - 'Elfenspiel' Konzert Etude [mhb].pdf
My response is a bit late, but thank you Malcolm for this good scan. This etude is much fun to practise/play!
Greetings,
kroket
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Yes, thanks Malcolm. I remember playing this Heymann etude back in May so played it again today. It is, as Kroket says, much fun to play. I would vote for Etudes always being on page ONE as the many etudes posted here in Pianophilia are my principal entertainment.