Piano Transcriptions from Staged Musicals and Shows

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Transcriptions from Staged Musicals and Shows

Post by mballan »

lebowl wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:17 pm (I'm not sure this belongs on this thread but I couldn't find a more suitable thread)
Does anyone have Maurice Whitney's arrangement of Embraceable You?

I'm also looking for advanced arrangements of Stranger in Paradise. I've seen very advanced arrangements of the Borodin quartet(?) that this song is based on, but that's not really what I want.

Thanks!
I have several Whitney transcriptions but alas not that one.............but trying to obtain a copy (so watch this space).

I am not aware of any transcriptions of 'Stranger in Paradise' beyond the the arrangements of the original string quartet.

Malcolm
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

The Whitney transcription of 'Embraceable You' is proving extremely hard to find - most seem to be the 2 piano version done by Grainger from the Whitney original (and not even sure if the Whitney version was published, as yet to see physical mention of it) ??? Current waiting to hear back from Australia who seem to have a version that Grainger used to create his transcription. I'll keep you informed.

Malcolm
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

I had the Whitney arrangement at one time but was forced to get rid of around 40,000 pages I printed off the internet(all in binders by composer) when I got some uninvited guests(rats) around seven months ago.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Music lovers, obviously … 😊

Regards
Fred
margarethaverhard
Instruments played, if any: piano cello

Post by margarethaverhard »

mballan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:08 am
lebowl wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:17 pm (I'm not sure this belongs on this thread but I couldn't find a more suitable thread)
Does anyone have Maurice Whitney's arrangement of Embraceable You?

I'm also looking for advanced arrangements of Stranger in Paradise. I've seen very advanced arrangements of the Borodin quartet(?) that this song is based on, but that's not really what I want.

Thanks!
I have several Whitney transcriptions but alas not that one.............but trying to obtain a copy (so watch this space).

I am not aware of any transcriptions of 'Stranger in Paradise' beyond the the arrangements of the original string quartet.

Malcolm
Waaw, are you willing to share those whitney transcriptions, or maybe the are already shared, I am new to the world of internet search...
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Margaretha - please send me an email to: malcolm.ballan@gmail.com and I can send you copies of the Whitney arrangements.

And a warm welcome to the site.

Malcolm
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

margarethaverhard wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:20 pm [
Waaw, are you willing to share those whitney transcriptions, or maybe the are already shared, I am new to the world of internet search...
There's a collection "A Tribute to George Gershwin" compiled by Dan Coates that includes several Whitney arrangements although not EY.