Music for aberrant pianos

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
davida march
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Music for aberrant pianos

Post by davida march »

I'm not sure if this is better in the piano info section as a discussion thread only. What I mean by this is music written especially for piano prototypes, 8 pedals for an octopus, that sort of thing.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music for aberrant pianos

Post by fredbucket »

davida march wrote:I'm not sure if this is better in the piano info section as a discussion thread only. What I mean by this is music written especially for piano prototypes, 8 pedals for an octopus, that sort of thing.
Would it be better to change the name of the thread then to 'Music for Unusual Pianos' or something like that? 'Aberrant' is not quite the right word here IMHO, except when talking about pianists.

Now if you said music for aborrent pianos, then that's a totally different kettle of fish.

Regards
Fred
davida march
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Re: Music for aberrant pianos

Post by davida march »

fredbucket wrote:
davida march wrote:I'm not sure if this is better in the piano info section as a discussion thread only. What I mean by this is music written especially for piano prototypes, 8 pedals for an octopus, that sort of thing.
Would it be better to change the name of the thread then to 'Music for Unusual Pianos' or something like that? 'Aberrant' is not quite the right word here IMHO, except when talking about pianists.

Now if you said music for aborrent pianos, then that's a totally different kettle of fish.

Regards
Fred
Aberrant: deviating from the ordinary, usual, or normal type; exceptional; abnormal, is exactly what I mean!
Abhorrence may be a side effect of using aberrant pianos.
dm :geek: