Music from the British Isles

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
lucamadeus1976

Re: Music from the British Isles

Post by lucamadeus1976 »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
Vaughan Williams Hymn Tune Prelude on Song 13.pdf
lucamadeus1976 wrote:Hi all, I'm searching for the pdf sheet of the piano version of "Hymn Tune Prelude on song 13 (Orlando Gibbons)" by Ralph Vaughan-Williams.
Could anyone help me, please?
Thanks a lot in advance, best regards
Luca
Here you are Luca
best wishes
Brian
Thanks so much, HullandHellandHalifax!!!
Luca
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by liveforpiano »

Here is another short work by Percival Garatt
Garratt P. Dancing Daffodils.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

The Garratt is a charming little piece. Thank you, Sir P.
porilo

William Vincent Wallace

Post by porilo »

Hi! Not sure whether this is the correct forum to post this, but I wondered whether anyone might have William Vincent Wallaces transcription of "Va Pensiero" from Verdi's Nabucco, to share please? I heard it on radio this morning and it's a fantastic piece. Thanks.
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Re: William Vincent Wallace

Post by Phillip210 »

porilo wrote:Hi! Not sure whether this is the correct forum to post this, but I wondered whether anyone might have William Vincent Wallaces transcription of "Va Pensiero" from Verdi's Nabucco, to share please? I heard it on radio this morning and it's a fantastic piece. Thanks.
I can't help with that particular piece, but it gives me a cue to post another interesting transcription which I had coincidentally just scanned from my own copy - his version of 'Ye Banks and Braes'. It would be spectacular in the hands of anyone (not me!) who could play the scales and arpeggios fast enough on a modern concert piano to retain the 'Scotch snap' of the melody without slowing down!
W. Vincent Wallace - Ye Banks and Braes.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thank you for the excellent Wallace transcription, Phillip. I was greatly surprised at its brilliant writing.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

Just uploaded at IMSLP :

Potter - 16 - Il compiacente - Andante e Allegretto.pdf

http://imslp.org/wiki/Il_compiacente_%2 ... _Hambly%29
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

Hello everyone,

I've decided to post some score completely clean by be:
One of my absolute favorite pieces, John Foulds; Essays in the modes Op.78 (http://www.mediafire.com/?9r8n575l176nfa4)

I am at the research of various piano pieces of Foulds to years; if anybody succeed to recover something for piano solo (apart the Op.4, 78 and "Cabaret-Overture"), it will be really welcome.

Duirton
Richard0428

Post by Richard0428 »

Hi Duirton,
I posted the unpublished 'Egotistic' Essay in the Modes and the extraordinary Ghandahava Music (as well as the variations) on the old PP forum (my teacher, Peter Jacobs, recorded Foulds' piano music, and luckily gave me the scores to copy!). They're still available here somewhere if you do a search. I also have the piano manuscript score of April England somewhere, in case you don't have it.
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

Richard0428 wrote:Hi Duirton,
I posted the unpublished 'Egotistic' Essay in the Modes and the extraordinary Ghandahava Music (as well as the variations) on the old PP forum (my teacher, Peter Jacobs, recorded Foulds' piano music, and luckily gave me the scores to copy!). They're still available here somewhere if you do a search. I also have the piano manuscript score of April England somewhere, in case you don't have it.

Hi Richard

yes; I am absolutely interested at all the piano works that you or anybody succeed to find. I have the Altarus cd of Foulds played by Peter Jacobs (the first, think, of Foulds piano works), there's a splendid "Gandharva-Music"....... Naturally I have also the BIS cd of Kathryn Stott dedicated at Foulds.

However; ok for "Egoistic - EITM", ok for the "Gandharva-Music" and ok for "April England".
Apart these, I'm seek also:
-Music-Pictures Group VI (Gaelic Melodies) Op.81
-Music-Pictures Group VII (Landscapes) Op.13
-English Tune with Burden Op.89

I'm sure that exist other pieces for piano solo, but I have very few information about the Foulds complete works catalogue......
The Foulds scores are really so hard to find...? Ever few information also in Web.......

Richard, very thanks for the your time and disposability.....

A presto.
Duirton