Music from the British Isles

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
StephanW
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Music from the British Isles

Post by StephanW »

FW190 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:20 am Not the best scan ever, but readable (NMS):Cramer,JB.-.op.062.-.Pno-Sonata-(Royal-Harmonic-Institution).pdf
Thank you very much!
YouTube channel (my piano recordings): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbUlK ... eNLRKALzMA
Liubingbingpiano
Music Scores: No

Post by Liubingbingpiano »

Does anyone have the complete "Studies in the form of a Suite Op.16" by Tobias Matthay?
Many thanks.
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB
Music Scores: Yes

Post by lebowl »

Does anyone have Byrd's Pavanna Lacrymae based on a piece by Dowland? I searched IMSLP but had no luck. If there's a version with the ornaments written out that would be even better! Thanks!
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

lebowl wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:29 pm Does anyone have Byrd's Pavanna Lacrymae based on a piece by Dowland? I searched IMSLP but had no luck. If there's a version with the ornaments written out that would be even better! Thanks!
Has someone been listening to Wigmore Hall recitals?

It's in the Fitzwilliam Virginal book: https://imslp.org/wiki/Fitzwilliam_Virg ... _(Various) -a detailed contents listing is available lower on the page

Someone also transcribed it to Musescore last year:
https://musescore.com/user/202809/scores/6682690
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

bingo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:37 pm
lebowl wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:29 pm Does anyone have Byrd's Pavanna Lacrymae based on a piece by Dowland? I searched IMSLP but had no luck. If there's a version with the ornaments written out that would be even better! Thanks!
Has someone been listening to Wigmore Hall recitals?
Good guess! And it was the first time I heard the piece. I thought Yucham Lim's performance of Liebestraume was the most beautiful I've ever heard.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

lucamadeus1976 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:02 pm Hi all, I'm searching for a piano solo transcription of the beautiful orchestral tune "The banks of green willow" by George Butterworth. I know there is one by John Mitchell, anyone could help me please?
I know this is an old post, but for reference the John Mitchell arrangement is via Thames Publishing. Catalog TH978431

www.amazon.co.uk/Banks-Green-Willow-arr ... B07RWF17K8
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Duirton wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:22 pm
Richard0428 wrote:Hi Duirton,
I posted the unpublished 'Egotistic' Essay in the Modes and the extraordinary Ghandahava Music (as well as the variations) on the old PP forum (my teacher, Peter Jacobs, recorded Foulds' piano music, and luckily gave me the scores to copy!). They're still available here somewhere if you do a search. I also have the piano manuscript score of April England somewhere, in case you don't have it.

Hi Richard

yes; I am absolutely interested at all the piano works that you or anybody succeed to find. I have the Altarus cd of Foulds played by Peter Jacobs (the first, think, of Foulds piano works), there's a splendid "Gandharva-Music"....... Naturally I have also the BIS cd of Kathryn Stott dedicated at Foulds.

However; ok for "Egoistic - EITM", ok for the "Gandharva-Music" and ok for "April England".
Apart these, I'm seek also:
-Music-Pictures Group VI (Gaelic Melodies) Op.81
-Music-Pictures Group VII (Landscapes) Op.13
-English Tune with Burden Op.89

I'm sure that exist other pieces for piano solo, but I have very few information about the Foulds complete works catalogue......
The Foulds scores are really so hard to find...? Ever few information also in Web.......
Also looking for piano music of John Foulds that haven't shown up here or on IMSLP:

Op.48 No.1 April - England
Op.89 English Tune with Burden

Ccommercial editions exist (below), but the pieces are long out of copyright so seeing if anything is floating around
https://repertoire-explorer.musikmph.de ... ,post,page
FW190
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by FW190 »

bingo wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:27 am Also looking for piano music of John Foulds that haven't shown up here or on IMSLP:

Op.48 No.1 April - England
Op.89 English Tune with Burden

Ccommercial editions exist (below), but the pieces are long out of copyright so seeing if anything is floating around
https://repertoire-explorer.musikmph.de ... ,post,page
April-England ... sounds like endless rain.
Foulds,J.-.op.48-1.-.April-England-(pno).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In Bach we trust.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

FW190 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:03 am
April-England ... sounds like endless rain.
Foulds,J.-.op.48-1.-.April-England-(pno).pdf
Thank you very much.

Maybe someone could do a recital of the English calendar, including Moeran's 'Bank Holiday'
dhruvapunde
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by dhruvapunde »

My typeset of Erik Chisholm's Fourth Sonatina
chisholm-sonatina-4.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards, Dhruva

my score videos - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGN3RVAodiogEyT4PSwIavg