Music from the British Isles

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from the British Isles

Post by Paul »

.. and a second collection of 6 sonatas from Munich reworked in bw ...

All the best

Paul
Kammell op.9 6 Sonaten.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

I am looking for the Op.39 Irish Melodies by

Michele ESPOSITO (1855-1929)
Born in Sorrento, he was a student of Beniamino Cesi at the Naples Conservatory (with Alessandro Longo, Giuseppe Martucci, and Emanuel de Beaupuis). Esposito became chief pianoforte professor at the Royal Irish Academy of Music in 1882, and remained there for more than forty years, devoting himself to the encouragement of classical music in Dublin. He inaugurated the Royal Dublin Society chamber-music recitals, with great success, and gave piano recitals for the Society every year. He established the Dublin Orchestral Society in 1898 and was its conductor until its disbandment in 1914, and he was also the conductor of the Sunday Orchestral Concerts until they were discontinued in 1914. He conducted concerts of the London Symphony Orchestra at Woodbrook in 1913 and 1914, and also performed his piano concerto with them under the baton of Hamilton Harty. Esposito is the dedicatee of Harty's Op.15 A Comedy Overture, and Piano Concerto.
Together with Sir Stanley Cochrane, he founded the music publishing company "C. E. Edition". In the year before his death he returned to Italy and died in Florence.

There are a number of his pieces on IMSLP, including an Irish Suite for orchestra, but not the Op.39.
https://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Esposito%2C_Michele
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

bingo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:49 am I am looking for the Op.39 Irish Melodies by

Michele ESPOSITO (1855-1929)
I've been supplied a list of digitised works by the librarian of the Royal Irish Academy of Music | RIAM. plus some PDFs of requested works including the Op.39. Contact me if interested. I'm not going to post them and have them whisked off to pianorarescores.com immediately.

I found one short work buried in a Longo collection on IMSLP that the RIAM and Esposito's biographer overlooked. It's a solo piano version of Op.15 Canti di Lorenzo Stecchetti, No.3

I've reset it for easier reading:
ESPOSITO Fior di siepe (Romanza per canto) (MW2022).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

Esipoff, Stepán = Strelezki, Anton (1859 - 1907)
Esipoff_op.24_Nr.1_Impromptu.pdf
FW190
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by FW190 »

Hobbypianist wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:27 pm Esipoff, Stepán = Strelezki, Anton (1859 - 1907)
Esipoff_op.24_Nr.1_Impromptu.pdf
Thanks!

Works said to be by Anton Strelezki are always somewhat difficult to attribute to a real existing composer.
The name Anton Strelezki (or. A. Strelezki) was not only used by Arthur Bransby Burnand aka Stepàn Esipoff
but by the composer Charles Kraushaar (1868-1957), who changed his "real" name to Charles J. Roberts in 1900,
and by the notorious pseudonym inventor Charles Kunkel (1840-1923), too.
In Bach we trust.
BenMoriz96
Participant
Instruments played, if any: Piano (classical pianist)
Music Scores: No

Post by BenMoriz96 »

Thank you very much!! Moeran is one of my favourite composers, and to have all of his piano works in one pdf is like to find a treasure for me. Thanks again!!! :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D
BenMoriz96
Participant
Instruments played, if any: Piano (classical pianist)

Post by BenMoriz96 »

I'm currently playing E.J. Moeran piano piece ''Bank Holiday''. As I didn't like very much the original edition, I made a transcription using musescore (I have changed nothing about Moeran's original work, the music is the same. This version simply looks better to me than the original one). I share it with all of you, if someone is interested.
Bank Holiday - E. J. Moeran (arr. R. Morcillo Izquierdo).pdf
Regards :)
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Hi BenMoriz96:

Very interesting, thanks.

Ilu.
Quo melius Illac
StephanW

Post by StephanW »

Does anybody have the score to J.B. Cramer's Sonata in E Major, Op. 62 ('Retour à Londres')? Thank you.
YouTube channel (my piano recordings): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbUlK ... eNLRKALzMA
FW190
Pianomaniac

Post by FW190 »

Not the best scan ever, but readable (NMS):
Cramer,JB.-.op.062.-.Pno-Sonata-(Royal-Harmonic-Institution).pdf
In Bach we trust.