Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Spanish Piano Music

Post by phikfy »

phikfy wrote:
phikfy wrote:Does anyone have Aguafuertes "Cinco Piezas Para Piano, Formando <Suite>" by Joaquin Zamacois? If not, I will scan it and share with PP friends here.
Best
Koon
Hot off the scanner!! As promised, I'm now posting Zamacois's Aguafeurtes. For me, this is a real find of Spanish piano music. In Jordi Maso's Naxos Catalan Album, he featured the Sardana from this set. I will upload an mp3 here too (this is from the album <Musica de la II Republica>, the whole set of Aguafeurtes is featured in this CD. People, please order from Trito if you like this piece. This album contains something more from Ricard Lamote de Grignon and Joaquin Serra, which are equally good). I really want to promote this rare stuff. I'll upload the score pdf in next post. The file is too big. Sorry...

Enjoy!! :D
Koon
Now comes the score. MP3 in the previous post on last page.
Zamacois - Aguafuertes.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Iberia: Piano Music from Spain & Portugal

Post by liveforpiano »

I must thank you, for not only the score of Aguafuertes, but the recording of Sardana. I do, in fact have the Cd played by Jordi Maso as I love the music from this area, but to people who do not have this recording, it gives a chance to hear this very interesting music.

I am certainly going to get the disc of the complete suite.

Thank you again.

Peter (liveforpiano).
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

I have ordered the CD now from TRITO

Thanks again.
Peter.
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

liveforpiano wrote:I must thank you, for not only the score of Aguafuertes, but the recording of Sardana. I do, in fact have the Cd played by Jordi Maso as I love the music from this area, but to people who do not have this recording, it gives a chance to hear this very interesting music.

I am certainly going to get the disc of the complete suite.

Thank you again.

Peter (liveforpiano).
I have ordered the CD now from TRITO

Thanks again.
Peter.

liveforpiano
I'm glad that you like this music and I'm even happier to hear that you've already ordered the disc from Trito. All these deserve to be better known.

Best,
Koon
mvaldes

Post by mvaldes »

Hi,

http://www.classicalplanet.es/

This website has available for download five pieces from the Suite Iberia by Albéniz in an edition with fingering and voice distributions by Luís Fernando Pérez - Fundación Albéniz. It is my understanding that they will continue until the whole set is published. Click where it says "Partituras".

Miguel
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

mvaldes wrote:Hi,

http://www.classicalplanet.es/

This website has available for download five pieces from the Suite Iberia by Albéniz in an edition with fingering and voice distributions by Luís Fernando Pérez - Fundación Albéniz. It is my understanding that they will continue until the whole set is published. Click where it says "Partituras".

Miguel
Thank you very much for sharing this. I used to collect different editions of Iberia. This looks very good for me.

Best,
Koon
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

I'm looking for Ernesto Halffter's Valencia II (Pasodoble). Can anyone help? Thanks.

Best,
Koon
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Arthur Napoleon who, during the middle of the past century, aroused such expectations that many felt that he would become one of the greatest virtuosos of his time. He was born in Oporto, Portugal, in 1843. When he was six years of age he played with the Philharmonic at Oporto. Before he was ten years old he had played with much success in Paris and in London. His only teacher up to this time had been his father, who was an Italian. Meyerbeer took such an interest in him that he called the attention of the King of Prussia to the child and he was given a royal audience. Later he toured England with such noted artists as Sivori and Piatti. When thirteen he went to Brazil and was so successful that he made fifteen thousand dollars with his first four concerts. Later he made long tours in the United States and in the West Indies, where he frequently appeared with Gottschalk. His playing up to this time had been somewhat superficial, but he now gave himself up to the study of the classical composers and toured Spain and Portugal with great success. Notwithstanding his pronounced success, he suddenly decided in 1908 to abandon his promising opportunities to become one of the greatest of pianists, and established himself in the music and pianoforte business in Rio Janiero. The firm of Napoleon and Miguez which he founded has become one of the leading firms in the South American continent. Died in 1925.

Composed a number of fantasies and studies for piano. I have posted his Romance & Habanera.

Malcolm
Napoleon A - Romance et Habanera.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

mballan wrote:Antonio Nogues (1820-1882) Catalan pianist and composer

Nogues A - Capricho de genero espanol.pdf

Malcolm
This is a most excellent piece. Thank you, Malc !
robmg2

Post by robmg2 »

Hello.
Here is the Scarlatti´s Fandango.
Very rare. I don´t know the edition.
The Soler´s Fandango is better but this is very interesting.
Good regards
Scarlatti - Fandango (re m).pdf