Iberia: Piano Music from Spain & Portugal

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
ivesman19
Participant
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Iberia: Piano Music from Spain & Portugal

Post by ivesman19 »

quercus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:41 am Does anyone have a decent edition of the Valses Poeticos by Granados?

Most IMSLP versions seem to have a large number of typos - missing accidentals, notes that are off by a third on the staff, missing 8va marks, missing "D.C." markings, etc. The Dover collection (with page numbers 110-123) is typical of this poor editing.

The earliest copy on IMSLP is from 1894 and is much cleaner, but it's also incomplete. It has a note that says "Contained preliminary version of valse no. 1~4 only."

I know there are editions by Kalamus and Salabert but haven't seen them.
FJH Classic Editions has the best edition of the Valse Poeticos. https://www.fjhmusic.com/piano/display.php?item=H1008

It's not a free edition, but it's very well notated. Make sure to check out the preview images.
quercus
Site Admin
Music Scores: Yes

Post by quercus »

Thanks Ivesman. I'm still hoping for a decent free version, but I appreciate the link if I end up having to buy it.
StephanW
Music Scores: No

Post by StephanW »

I'm wondering if anyone has any sheet music of Nicolás Ledesma, a classical era Spanish composer. Ana Benavides has recorded some (or all?) of his music (see Piano Inédito Español Del Siglo XIX, vol. 3, 6). I only discovered this wonderful composer a few days ago and am fascinated with his music (it reminds me of Beethoven). Unfortunately, IMSLP does not have his music. Benavides has collaborated with Piles Editorial de Música, S.A. to publish his music along with that of others (Rare Spanish Music of the 19th Century, Vol. 1), but those volumes are very expensive. I hope there's someone who happens to have public domain photocopies of some of his music, but I'm sure it's unlikely.

Check your personal messages.
YouTube channel (my piano recordings): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbUlK ... eNLRKALzMA
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by ilu »

Hi StephanW:

Enjoy.

Regards.
Ledesma Nicolas-12 sonatas para piano-organo.pdf
Ledesma Nicolas-4 valses-estudios-para-piano.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quo melius Illac
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

StephanW wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:24 pm I'm wondering if anyone has any sheet music of Nicolás Ledesma, a classical era Spanish composer.

Check your personal messages.
LEDESMA 24 Preludes and Exercises.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Nice. Thank you.
momlpiano
Participant

Post by momlpiano »

Hi, in my first post, I'd like to share two pieces from Mas Porcel. It's not the best quality but I hope you enjoy this nice miniatures.

Mas Porcel - Sonatina en blues, blues gaucho, for left hand.

Mas Porcel - Météores 1.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

momlpiano wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:13 am Hi, in my first post, I'd like to share two pieces from Mas Porcel. It's not the best quality but I hope you enjoy this nice miniatures.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

mballan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:25 pm
momlpiano wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:13 am Hi, in my first post, I'd like to share two pieces from Mas Porcel. It's not the best quality but I hope you enjoy this nice miniatures.
Hi momipiano

Many thanks for the Porcel pieces, but be careful with potential copyright as the composer only died in 1993. I am happy to leave these two pieces as an example of the composers work, but please do not post anything further by Porcel.

Malcolm
momlpiano
Participant

Post by momlpiano »

Sorry, Mballan, I took the partitures from a public doctoral thesis, my mistake.