Iberia: Piano Music from Spain & Portugal

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Iberia: Piano Music from Spain & Portugal

Post by rob »

fredbucket wrote:
rob wrote:Is Liverpooooool England? :shock: Never sounds as though it should be!!!
Liverpool is the capital of Ireland...

Regards
Seamus
So it is, to be sure, to be sure! ;)
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

rob wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
rob wrote:
Timtin wrote:Maybe Cornwall could also have it's own thread. Come to think of it, why not Berwick-upon-Tweed
(of the UK, but not part of it), The Isle of Man and The Channel Islands all might be candidates to
have legitimate claims for separate-thread status.
We are arguing to a 'reductio ad absurdum' position. The key word here is 'MIGHT'! We have to be practical. Show me enough music from anywhere for me to create a category of sufficient interest and I will create it. A 'Celtic' thread could cover Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Corwall, IOM & Brittany...
Dear Rob, where would you place the Cockneys?
regards
Brian
On an Eastenders thread - which I am sure members could find on ANOTHER board - but NOT this one.
So if I understand you correctly we should place music by Cockney composers in the Far-eastern thread, seems good to me ;)
regards
Brian
klavierelch
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Recorder

Post by klavierelch »

I am tempted to split the last one and a half pages from this thread for creating a "Separatist movements in the UK" thread :lol:
Ars opus est hominis, non opus artis homo.

John Owen, Epigrammata (1615)
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

klavierelch wrote:I am tempted to split the last one and a half pages from this thread for creating a "Separatist movements in the UK" thread :lol:
Not before I could have the chance to open a subthread for Helgolandian composers. :lol:
Best regards, Ferruccio
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

Ferruccio wrote:
klavierelch wrote:I am tempted to split the last one and a half pages from this thread for creating a "Separatist movements in the UK" thread :lol:
Not before I could have the chance to open a subthread for Helgolandian composers. :lol:
Name more than one and provide samples of each and I'll do it.

If we are really looking for a small country to whom a thread could be devoted, we could have Liechtenstein - but it would have only one composer - Rheinberger!
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Re: Spanish Piano Music

Post by passthesalt »

rob wrote:
passthesalt wrote:Was looking up info on Fragoso: poor guy died at 21 from the Spanish influenza...
Not very patriotic of him! Shouldn't he have died from the Portuguese flu?

(Sorry, couldn't resist that!)
Actually Spanish influenza strain probably originated in U.S. army training camps in Oklahoma - the U.S. suppressed news about the number of G.I. deaths from this to keep up morale during WWI. The first publicized deaths from this virus were in Spain, hence they got nailed with the name.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by passthesalt »

Quercus, thanks very much for the extra helpings of Fragoso. After an enormous and emotionally draining fight with my addle-pated teen-aged daughter (don't get me started ...), I was playing through some of his pieces and found them very calming. Will keep some therapeutic Fragoso at hand in case of return engagements with said teen-ager.
Igod82

Post by Igod82 »

Arriaga's Complete Works are made available for download from the publisher online... They published the book in 2006 but made it available to download, three volumes believe. A quick search online and you will find it.

Mod edit: I found http://www.bilbao.net/Bibliotecas/jsp/a ... subtema=10 but I'm not sure if this is the one you are referring too. FB.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

Antonio Nogues (1820-1882) Catalan pianist and composer.

Malcolm
Nogues A - Capricho de genero espanol.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Spanish Piano Music

Post by phikfy »

phikfy wrote:Does anyone have Aguafuertes "Cinco Piezas Para Piano, Formando <Suite>" by Joaquin Zamacois? If not, I will scan it and share with PP friends here.
Best
Koon
Hot off the scanner!! As promised, I'm now posting Zamacois's Aguafeurtes. For me, this is a real find of Spanish piano music. In Jordi Maso's Naxos Catalan Album, he featured the Sardana from this set. I will upload an mp3 here too (this is from the album <Musica de la II Republica>, the whole set of Aguafeurtes is featured in this CD. People, please order from Trito if you like this piece. This album contains something more from Ricard Lamote de Grignon and Joaquin Serra, which are equally good). I really want to promote this rare stuff. I'll upload the score pdf in next post. The file is too big. Sorry...

Enjoy!! :D
Koon
09 Sardana, Aiguaforts (1939).mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.