Iberia: Piano Music from Spain & Portugal

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Iberia: Piano Music from Spain & Portugal

Post by mballan »

Do not think Issac Albeniz (1860-1909) needs any introduction.......here are three relatively rare pieces Op 95, 96 and the Romanza "Angustia".

Malcolm
Albeniz I - Three Pieces [Op 95,96 & Angustia].pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

Thank you!
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by phikfy »

mballan wrote:Do not think Issac Albeniz (1860-1909) needs any introduction.......here are three relatively rare pieces Op 95, 96 and the Romanza "Angustia".

Malcolm
Oh!!! Thanks very much Malcolm and Mr. P. I like Albeniz so much....

Koon
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

Thanks for the Albeniz!
I hope i am not being rude. But who is Mr.P? ive seen so much that name , that it became my curiosity.

Tony
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

lutoslawski wrote:Thanks for the Albeniz!
I hope i am not being rude. But who is Mr.P? ive seen so much that name , that it became my curiosity.

Tony
The clue is in the Ashton thread and I could say that's it TOP SECRET but.....to put your mind at ease. Long before I discovered PP [and having a PC as well] I ran a 2nd hand sheet music company. During which time I made the acquaintance of Peter and Walter and we became a trio of collectors sharing a large number scores between us. So three individual collections became, in a way, one large shared collection, although we still maintained our own specialities. Our friend Walter died earlier this year, but Peter and I have remained as partners and good friends in collecting scores. He kindly scans a number of the scores - both from his collect and mine - and I do the frontsman bit in posting on PP [Peter is a member too] but always recognising the work he does. I do scan too, just in case you think I've got the easy job......but this allow us to cover more scores between us to share with members. I also do all the biography bits as well !! Also bear in mind I get lots of enquiries / issues from members about PP, which does take up a lot of my time [plus, the smooth running of PP takes a lot of work from my fantatsic team and me, as no doubt FredB, Rob and Co. would confirm] .....so Peter's involvement does mean that the flow of scores through me is fairly consistent.

So hopefully mystery solved.......and as ever......."thank you Mr P".

Malcolm

PS: And if you wonder why he doesn't post direct himself on PP ? It's because he's terribly shy, plus I chain him to the scanner every day so he can't get to his PC :D
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

mballan wrote:PS: And if you wonder why he doesn't post direct himself on PP ? It's because he's terribly shy, plus I chain him to the scanner every day so he can't get to his PC :D
Isn't his scanner connected to his PC??? :)

Regards
Curious
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

Thank you Mr. B
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

fredbucket wrote:
mballan wrote:PS: And if you wonder why he doesn't post direct himself on PP ? It's because he's terribly shy, plus I chain him to the scanner every day so he can't get to his PC :D
Isn't his scanner connected to his PC??? :)

Regards
Curious
Yes it is, but thought the image of Peter chained to a scanner would win him some sympathy......however, the electrified keyboard is rigged so he'll get 2000 volts if he attempts to access PP by himself.......plus, the ex-KGB security guards I employ keep a close eye on him for me and act as a further deterent [tazer guns are very painful I hear]. As the despotic, power-mad, psychotic owner of PP I can't grant him the freedom or authority to post scores !!!!! Whatever next......FredB !

Malcolm
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

mballan wrote:Whatever next......FredB !
Typical public servant...no wonder Britain's going to the dogs...:)
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

fredbucket wrote:
mballan wrote:Whatever next......FredB !
Typical public servant...no wonder Britain's going to the dogs...:)
Blame the government......not us poor, humble, downtrodden, and despised servants of the crown :D

Not that there will be many of us left when the Two C's have finished their extermination of public services. I suppose that will at least give me more time to scan in my retirement, and release Mr P from servitude [although secretly I think he likes his cold, dank room in the north-west tower of my mansion, and the malministrations from the guards] :D

M