French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
naturlaut
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by naturlaut » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:43 am

Pianoman wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:23 am
Hi all,

I have some request regarding French Piano Music. If any of the requests is not suitable because of copyright reasons or any other, please accept my apologies:

CASADESUS, Robert - 6 Enfantines, Op.48
CIAMPI, Marce - Études (probably 6 Etudes)
DANDELOT, Georges - Le jardin de Catherine
LESUR, Jean-Yves-Daniel - Deux Noëls
SANCAN, Pierre - Pièces enfantines (ed.Durand)
VAILLANT, Henri - “Enseignement du piano. Exercices complémentaires” (Delrieu-1952) and “Tenues rythmiques pour l’indépendance des doigts” (Delrieu-1947)
PHILIPP, Isidor - A lot of stuff: Little Gradus ad Parnassum (I have Vol.1 of 5 - Ed.Alphonse Leduc);
Nouveau Gradus ad Parnassum (IMSLP has only parts of it);
Concert-Etude, Op.75;
15 Études (Op.79?);
"Six Danses et Airs Anciens", Op.76 (ed. Heugel);
Trois Nouvelles Transcriptions libres (of works by Turini, Monari, Corelli - ed.Heugel);
6 Octave-studies in the Form of Little Fugues, op. 78;
And finally: Prestissimo; Ligeirissimo; Pianissimo - what is this, 3 Études?

Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I am pretty sure the Ciampi Etudes are still very much in print though, as is the Sancan.
Not sure about copyright issue with Casadesus but I'll roll them under the scanner today.

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Pianoman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:35 pm

naturlaut wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:43 am
Pianoman wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:23 am
Hi all,

I have some request regarding French Piano Music. If any of the requests is not suitable because of copyright reasons or any other, please accept my apologies:

CASADESUS, Robert - 6 Enfantines, Op.48
CIAMPI, Marce - Études (probably 6 Etudes)
DANDELOT, Georges - Le jardin de Catherine
LESUR, Jean-Yves-Daniel - Deux Noëls
SANCAN, Pierre - Pièces enfantines (ed.Durand)
VAILLANT, Henri - “Enseignement du piano. Exercices complémentaires” (Delrieu-1952) and “Tenues rythmiques pour l’indépendance des doigts” (Delrieu-1947)
PHILIPP, Isidor - A lot of stuff: Little Gradus ad Parnassum (I have Vol.1 of 5 - Ed.Alphonse Leduc);
Nouveau Gradus ad Parnassum (IMSLP has only parts of it);
Concert-Etude, Op.75;
15 Études (Op.79?);
"Six Danses et Airs Anciens", Op.76 (ed. Heugel);
Trois Nouvelles Transcriptions libres (of works by Turini, Monari, Corelli - ed.Heugel);
6 Octave-studies in the Form of Little Fugues, op. 78;
And finally: Prestissimo; Ligeirissimo; Pianissimo - what is this, 3 Études?

Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I am pretty sure the Ciampi Etudes are still very much in print though, as is the Sancan.
Not sure about copyright issue with Casadesus but I'll roll them under the scanner today.
OK. As I wrote in my initial message, I apologize and ask you guys to ignore those requests that aren't suitable.

Thanks.

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Pianoman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Pianoman wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:35 pm
Hi all,

I have some request regarding French Piano Music. If any of the requests is not suitable because of copyright reasons or any other, please accept my apologies:

CASADESUS, Robert - 6 Enfantines, Op.48
CIAMPI, Marce - Études (probably 6 Etudes)
DANDELOT, Georges - Le jardin de Catherine
LESUR, Jean-Yves-Daniel - Deux Noëls
SANCAN, Pierre - Pièces enfantines (ed.Durand)
VAILLANT, Henri - “Enseignement du piano. Exercices complémentaires” (Delrieu-1952) and “Tenues rythmiques pour l’indépendance des doigts” (Delrieu-1947)
PHILIPP, Isidor - A lot of stuff: Little Gradus ad Parnassum (I have Vol.1 of 5 - Ed.Alphonse Leduc);
Nouveau Gradus ad Parnassum (IMSLP has only parts of it);
15 Études (Op.79?);
"Six Danses et Airs Anciens", Op.76 (ed. Heugel);
Trois Nouvelles Transcriptions libres (of works by Turini, Monari, Corelli - ed.Heugel);
6 Octave-studies in the Form of Little Fugues, op. 78;

Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
A little update on my request:
PHILIPP - "Quatre Etudes pour la main gauche d'après J. S. Bach" (Jobert, U.S.A 1903)

Thanks in advance for any help.

emma
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by emma » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Pianoman,
At least the Bach-Philipp is available from IMSLP.
Philipp_-_J_S_Bach_Transcriptions.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kroket
Pianophiliac
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:51 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Netherlands

Re: French Piano Music

Post by kroket » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi all,

I have some request regarding French Piano Music.
PHILIPP, Isidor - "Six Danses et Airs Anciens", Op.76 (ed. Heugel);
Trois Nouvelles Transcriptions libres (of works by Turini, Monari, Corelli - ed.Heugel);

Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Pianoman

I've tried to scan this album from a library loan a few years ago,
but the album had such a large format,
that I couldn't scan some pages properly,
whatever I tried.
My apologies for the bad quality of this scan.

Furthermore the trois transcriptions libres, not my scan.

Greetings,
kroket
Philipp 6 Danses et airs anciens Op. 76 (bad scan).pdf
Philipp Isidor Trois transcriptions libres.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kroket on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Pianoman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:59 pm

kroket wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:55 pm
Hi all,

I have some request regarding French Piano Music.
PHILIPP, Isidor - "Six Danses et Airs Anciens", Op.76 (ed. Heugel);

Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Pianoman

I've tried to scan this album from a library loan a few years ago,
but the album had such a large format,
that I couldn't scan some pages properly,
whatever I tried.
My apologies for the bad quality of this scan.

Greetings,
kroket
Philipp 6 Danses et airs anciens Op. 76 (bad scan).pdf
Thanks a lot for your help. It's a pitty that some pages are unreadable...

Cheers!

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Pianoman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:00 pm

emma wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:19 pm
Pianoman,
At least the Bach-Philipp is available from IMSLP.
Of course it is! stupid me...
I searched in the wrong places, apparently...

Many thanks!

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Pianoman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi all,

This Philipp guy is very hard to find although he was a very prominent figure in the musical scene of his time and wrote a lot of stuff!

Here's an update of what I'm looking for from him:
- Little Gradus ad Parnassum (I have Vol.1 of 5 - Ed.Alphonse Leduc);
- Nouveau Gradus ad Parnassum (IMSLP has only parts of it);
-15 Études (Op.79);
- "Six Danses et Airs Anciens", Op.76 (ed. Heugel); - I have a bad scan
- Trois Nouvelles Transcriptions libres (of works by Turini, Monari, Corelli - ed.Heugel);
- 6 Octave-studies in the Form of Little Fugues, op. 78;
- "Quatre Etudes pour la main gauche d'après J. S. Bach" (Jobert, U.S.A 1903);
- "Trois Pièces de Concert", Op.102 (Inquiétude, Quiétude, Étude)
- Barcarolle nº3, Op.80 (No.5 form "Intermèdes de Concert")
- Caprice, Op.14 (for piano SOLO)
- Feux-Follets (No.3 from "Pastels", Op.24)

Any help will be much, much appreciated!
Thanks.
Isidore Philipp (assis), entouré de Ricardo Vines (à g.), August Radwan (au centre), Lazare Lévy (à dr.) et Magda Tagliafero, lors d'un concours de piano à l'Ecole normale de musique en 1936.JPEG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kroket
Pianophiliac
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:51 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Netherlands

Re: French Piano Music

Post by kroket » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 am

Pianoman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:11 pm
Hi all,

This Philipp guy is very hard to find although he was a very prominent figure in the musical scene of his time and wrote a lot of stuff!

Here's an update of what I'm looking for from him:
-
- Trois Nouvelles Transcriptions libres (of works by Turini, Monari, Corelli - ed.Heugel);
-
- "Quatre Etudes pour la main gauche d'après J. S. Bach" (Jobert, U.S.A 1903);
-
- Trois Pièces de Concert", Op.102 (Inquiétude, Quiétude, Étude)

Any help will be much, much appreciated!
Thanks.
This way you'll be searching forever... The first two items I quote were uploaded in this thread only a few days ago.
The trois pieces de concert is on page 101 of this thread.
Added the Feux Follets (nms).
Greetings,
kroket
Philipp - Op.24, No.3, Feux-follets (Jack o' Lanterns).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Pianoman » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:24 am

kroket wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 am
This way you'll be searching forever... The first two items I quote were uploaded in this thread only a few days ago.
Thanks, but it's not the same. Those posted are Transcriptions from "Monari, Rutini and Pasquini". I want the "Nouvelles" ones from "Turini, Monari and Corelli"
kroket wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 am
The trois pieces de concert is on page 101 of this thread.
Thanks, a friend already gave them to me. I searched the forum for them, but I find the search function very inaccurate and hard to use.
kroket wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 am
Added the Feux Follets (nms).
Thanks again. The same friend sent this one to me.

Thank you for your interest and guidance.

Post Reply