French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: U.S.

Re: French Piano Music

Post by musiclife217 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am

Jean-Séb wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am
Thanks, Hobbypianist. I believe we have already most of Godard's works.
Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).

Hobbypianist
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:33 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Hobbypianist » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:42 pm

musiclife217 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am
Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).
Thanks for the hint. Still another piece from Polona: Op.110/6 - Polonaise ...not much, but better than nothing.
HP

4candles
Pianomaniac
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:30 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by 4candles » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm

musiclife217 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am
Jean-Séb wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am
Thanks, Hobbypianist. I believe we have already most of Godard's works.
Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).
What particular pieces are missing from the Lanterne Magique, as a matter of interest?

4c

Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 am
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Jim Faston » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:19 pm

4candles wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm
musiclife217 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am
Jean-Séb wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am
Thanks, Hobbypianist. I believe we have already most of Godard's works.
Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).
What particular pieces are missing from the Lanterne Magique, as a matter of interest?

4c
This should be a list of all the missing pieces from IMSLP.


Lanterne magique II, Op.55
1. Postillon
2. Poëte
3. Trois Inconnues
5. Mignon

Lanterne magique III, Op.66
1. Mendelssohn
3. Schumann
4. Lansquenets
5. Esméralda
6. Marcel (le Huguenot)

Lanterne magique IV, Op.110
3. Espagnole (Boléro)
4. Indienne
-------------------------------------------------

tracyross
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:59 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, electric keyboards, harpsichord, organ, trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo trumpet
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by tracyross » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 am

I'm looking for Reynaldo Hahn's 'Pièces d'amour et autres inédits for piano', in particular, 'Creation du Monde. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy

Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 am
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Jim Faston » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:45 pm

tracyross wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 am
I'm looking for Reynaldo Hahn's 'Pièces d'amour et autres inédits for piano', in particular, 'Creation du Monde. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy
That's a fairly new (2013) publication still readily available.

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/pi ... c/20752644

tracyross
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:59 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, electric keyboards, harpsichord, organ, trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo trumpet
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by tracyross » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Thank you!

musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: U.S.

Re: French Piano Music

Post by musiclife217 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:05 am

Jim Faston wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:19 pm
4candles wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm
musiclife217 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am
Jean-Séb wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am
Thanks, Hobbypianist. I believe we have already most of Godard's works.
Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).
What particular pieces are missing from the Lanterne Magique, as a matter of interest?

4c
This should be a list of all the missing pieces from IMSLP.


Lanterne magique II, Op.55
1. Postillon
2. Poëte
3. Trois Inconnues
5. Mignon

Lanterne magique III, Op.66
1. Mendelssohn
3. Schumann
4. Lansquenets
5. Esméralda
6. Marcel (le Huguenot)

Lanterne magique IV, Op.110
3. Espagnole (Boléro)
4. Indienne
-------------------------------------------------
I did not realize that I had Op. 66 No. 06 - Marcel (le Huguenot) !

Godard, Benjamin - Op. 66 No. 06 - Marcel le Huguenot
Godard, Benjamin-Op. 66 No. 06-Marcel le Huguenot.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Phillip210
Pianophiliac
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:37 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Phillip210 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:43 pm

The British Library has the whole of Part III plus Indienne. I am a member of that, so next time I go there I will see if I can scan the missing pieces. They also have a volume marked 'Lanterne Magique' with 12 pieces in it for which the catalogue reference doesn't state opus numbers, so that could contain other missing pieces.

musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: U.S.

Re: French Piano Music

Post by musiclife217 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:06 am

Phillip210 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:43 pm
The British Library has the whole of Part III plus Indienne. I am a member of that, so next time I go there I will see if I can scan the missing pieces. They also have a volume marked 'Lanterne Magique' with 12 pieces in it for which the catalogue reference doesn't state opus numbers, so that could contain other missing pieces.
That would be lovely - it would be intriguing to see/hear his imitations of the other composers!

Post Reply