French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by fleubis »

Ah, yes I do have the interesting Croquembouches but not yet seen the Mécaniques and Silhouettes of Bolséne yet. Clearly, though the "Larousse Gastronomique" needs to be updated with Delvincourt's offering. :D
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

nms (did not manage to cut the pages...)
Tombeau de Claude Debussy.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Some tasty little soliloquies in homage to Debussy, and not all piano. I especially like Ravel's little duet. Stravinsky must have been particularly rushed to have been forced to borrow from his symphony. It is always fascinating to me that so many of these composers that we know and love, lived in the same era.

An unusual contribution, Alfred, and most welcome.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Not sure about the nationality of this person, but I'm assuming French, so does anyone have anything by a Charles Laurent Rhein?
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

4candles wrote:Not sure about the nationality of this person, but I'm assuming French, so does anyone have anything by a Charles Laurent Rhein?

Sure enough--from the Cyclopedia of Music and Musicians by John Denison Champlin, available from IMSLP, etc.
Charles Laurent Rhein biography.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

Jim Faston wrote:
4candles wrote:Not sure about the nationality of this person, but I'm assuming French, so does anyone have anything by a Charles Laurent Rhein?

Sure enough--from the Cyclopedia of Music and Musicians by John Denison Champlin, available from IMSLP, etc.
Charles Laurent Rhein biography.pdf
Thanks for the background check Jim!
I'd like to know if anyone has his etudes or sonatas for piano?
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Re: Bizet's Le Pianiste-Chanteur

Post by musiclife217 »

GJF323 wrote:
Actually, these two files (which were my bad scans by the way) form only ONE set, viz. the second set of the Maîtres Italiens. Unfortunately, I do not have the first set (Nos 1-25).
I have also a large selection of the three sets (i.e. with German and French works) that I plan to scan some day but the score is so big and its state so bad that I have not found the courage to do it yet. But I will eventually.
Jean-Séb
I can report some progress on the earlier Maîtres Italiens. In the book I have of privately bound sheet musis are #s:

13 Donizetti - L'Elisire d'Amore "Io son ricco e tu sei bella" (Barcarola)
16 Bellini - Norma - "Oh! di qual sei vittima" (Terzetto)
17 Rossini - La Cenerentola - "Zitto, zitto!" (Duetto)
18 Lulli (Lully) - "Voi siete il ristoro" (Duetto) [Not sure what work this is from, or if it is just a separate art song]
19 Rossini - Il Barbiere di Siviglia "Zitti, zitti! (Terzetto) ' [Anyone sensing a pattern here?]
20 Bellini - La Sonnambula "Tu non sai, con quei begli occhi!" (Aria)
21 Donizetti - Anna Bolena "Nel veder la tua costanza" (Aria)
22 Bellini - I Puritani "Vien diletto, in cielo" (Aria)
23 Rossini - Il Barbiere di Siviglia "Ecco ridente il cielo" (Cavatina)
24 Rossini - Il Turco in Italia "Deh! raffrena" (Quintetto)
25 Rossini - L'Italiana in Algieri "Se inclinassi a prender moglie" (Duetto)

It's a shame about 1-12 and 14, 15. But we're making progress. The wild card is the one I have as a single sheet; it's currently amongst the moving boxes (7 months post-move and lots still boxed). I bought it just because of what it was, and paid no attention to whether it was one I already had in the bound volume.

I'm also putting my computer system back together, getting scanner attached, and getting programs back (had to re-install Windows). But hopefully within a few days I can start getting these posted. And search for the elusive single score...

Greg

UPDATE - OK, the piece was easier to find than I thought. Alas, it is no. 41. The scanner is up, so I just have to find & install the post-processing image editor. I will post shortly the cover page from the single sheet (shows titles for 1-50 and makes a nice Table of Contents) as well as the Editor's Preface.
how were we doing with this set? is it complete anyway? I may be able to be of assistance here also. additionally, I was seeking the Bizet Nocturne in F, if anyone could point me in the right direction, thank you!
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Re: Bizet's Le Pianiste-Chanteur

Post by Jean-Séb »

musiclife217 wrote: additionally, I was seeking the Bizet Nocturne in F, if anyone could point me in the right direction, thank you!
This nocturne is featured in Georges Bizet, "Œuvres pour le Piano, les Inédits et Trois Pièces du Magasin des Familles, rassemblées et présentées par Michel Poupet, édition établie par Setrak", Éditions Mario Bois, Paris.
The publisher, Mario Bois, can be contacted here:
Editions Mario Bois / BMB - 19 rue de Rocroy - 75010 Paris - Tél : 33 1 42 82 10 46 - Fax : 33 1 42 82 10 19
but I am sure that this album can be bought also directly in the United States.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

nn.1-25 of the first volume are available at Gallica
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

Whilst perusing French composers' records at the Russian State Library, I came across this card catalogue record dealing with Alkan's Preludes.
What's interesting about this is the fact I've never heard of the last Prelude listed, 'Vie joyeuse'.
Is this likely to be just another name for one of his Op. 31 Preludes? Can anyone clarify?

http://www.nlr.ru/e-case3/sc2.php/note/lc/270/10#pict