French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by bingo »

Liubingbingpiano wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 am Does anyone have Marcel Ciampi‘s Etudes?
Thanks.
Buy them from the publisher: https://www.enoch-editions.com/en/catal ... te?page=65
Liubingbingpiano
Music Scores: No

Post by Liubingbingpiano »

bingo wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:42 am
Liubingbingpiano wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 am Does anyone have Marcel Ciampi‘s Etudes?
Thanks.
Buy them from the publisher: https://www.enoch-editions.com/en/catal ... te?page=65
OK.
Thanks.
besmart
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by besmart »

Henri Kowalski: According to the French article in Wikipedia his music archive is housed in the Dinan Public Library.

La Bibliothèque municipale de Dinan conserve le Fonds Henri-Kowalski : un ensemble important de partitions, de manuscrits, de photographies ayant appartenu à l'artiste et ayant été acquis par la Société des amis du musée et de la bibliothèque de Dinan. L'association Le Pays de Dinan a récemment édité un livre et un CD concernant ce pianiste et

Best of luck locating the score. Would love to see it too.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

besmart wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:31 pm Henri Kowalski: According to the French article in Wikipedia his music archive is housed in the Dinan Public Library.

La Bibliothèque municipale de Dinan conserve le Fonds Henri-Kowalski : un ensemble important de partitions, de manuscrits, de photographies ayant appartenu à l'artiste et ayant été acquis par la Société des amis du musée et de la bibliothèque de Dinan. L'association Le Pays de Dinan a récemment édité un livre et un CD concernant ce pianiste et

Ah, this is very interesting, as I have the CD mentioned, which is where I first heard the piece. There are also some recordings on the CD project of other pieces that I have not been able to find anywhere. They must all be there! I may still have their contact info somewhere from when I purchased the CD. Thanks!
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

besmart wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:31 pm Henri Kowalski: According to the French article in Wikipedia his music archive is housed in the Dinan Public Library.

The library catalog doesn't list any partitions of his music, so it may be necessary to communicate with a librarian or curator.
https://dinan.c3rb.org/index.php?option ... _aff_mas=0
Last edited by bingo on Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

bingo wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:24 am

The library catalog doesn't list any partitions of his music, so it may be necessary to communicate with a librarian or curator.
https://dinan.c3rb.org/index.php?option ... _aff_mas=0
Thank you all, hopefully this will get us closer.

I will look back in my correspondence with them, from when I received the CD.

There is a tasteful performance of Op. 12 Dans les Bois there.

The Op. 87 - Berceuse is recorded, the score of which also seems to be VERY scare, as well. hmmmm...

I wish there was some kind of finding aid...
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

requested by user
Kowalski_op.64_Conte.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thanks.
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

here the others also as pdf
Kowalski_Chinoiserie.pdf
Kowalski_op.04_Souvenir_de_Champigny.pdf
Kowalski_op.12_Dans_les_bois.pdf
Kowalski_op.73_Apres_vepres.pdf
Kowalski_op.79_Serenade_japonaise.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

Wondering if anybody has by chance some more piano works by the composer Pierre Joseph Zimmermann? There is barely a couple of works on IMSLP. I only know of a piano sonata op.5 and 24 etudes op.25 (i might be wrong with the opus tho)..

Cheers,
Tony