French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

French Piano Music

Post by phikfy »

To start with, I would like to contribute this scan of mine. Samazeuilh's Evocation.
Samazeuilh - Evocation.pdf
Koon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by Jean-Séb »

Samazeuilh is always extremely welcome. Thank you.
Jean-Séb
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Tailleferre Romance

Post by phikfy »

This is my last contribution for today. My scan. Sorry for the inferior quality.
Tailleferre - Romance (opt).pdf
Koon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard0428

Charles Tournemire

Post by Richard0428 »

Before I consider shelling out US$100 for the sheet music, I thought I'd ask if anyone has a digital copy of Tournemire's Preludes-Poemes, op. 58 they could share. Magnificent suite, by the way, charting nothing less than the journey of a life from birth to death - it's powerful stuff!!
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Re: Charles Tournemire

Post by fredbucket »

Richard0428 wrote:Before I consider shelling out US$100 for the sheet music, I thought I'd ask if anyone has a digital copy of Tournemire's Preludes-Poemes, op. 58 they could share. Magnificent suite, by the way, charting nothing less than the journey of a life from birth to death - it's powerful stuff!!
File attached.
Tournemire - Op. 58 Preludes-Poemes.pdf
Regards
Fred
Richard0428

Re: Charles Tournemire

Post by Richard0428 »

fredbucket wrote: File attached.
Tournemire - Op. 58 Preludes-Poemes.pdf
Regards
Fred
How marvellous!! Thanks so much. Really looking forward to trying the last movement especially... beautiful music!
dmitterdorfer
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, chorister.

Post by dmitterdorfer »

Can anyone recommend a recording of the Tournemire file posted? I am a big fan of his organ works and would like to get to know his other music.

cheers,
Daniel
Hexameron

Post by Hexameron »

I know of two by Georges Delvallee and Lise Boucher, but I can't recommend one over the other. I have the Boucher recording, but I like Delvallee's performances of Louis Vierne's piano music, so maybe his Tournemire is excellent as well.
dmitterdorfer
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, chorister.

Post by dmitterdorfer »

Hexameron wrote:I know of two by Georges Delvallee and Lise Boucher, but I can't recommend one over the other. I have the Boucher recording, but I like Delvallee's performances of Louis Vierne's piano music, so maybe his Tournemire is excellent as well.
Yes, I love Delvallee's Vierne recordings. He really shines through, especially the later works like Solitude...such utterly heartrending music...
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Grovlez

Post by phikfy »

Here's a Grovlez Nocturne just fresh off scanner. Please enjoy! I hope people here can post more of his music. Grovlez's sound-world is just enchanting.
Grovlez - Nocturne.pdf
Koon