French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by liveforpiano »

Thank you all for your kind messages regarding the Chaminade postings.
I must ask musiclife217 to forgive me. I have just noticed that you put opus 66 Studio
on. A work I doubled up on later.
Peter.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

liveforpiano wrote:Thank you all for your kind messages regarding the Chaminade postings.
I must ask musiclife217 to forgive me. I have just noticed that you put opus 66 Studio
on. A work I doubled up on later.
Peter.
No problem, we are all most appreciative! I have more to offer, but I need a few more days!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

It seems that, at least among Chamiande piano works, we are missing:

Op. 36 No. 02 - Pas des Cymbales (for two pianos) - I have this one and can scan shortly...
Op. 78 - Prelude for Organ or Piano (two separate editions, I believe) - I can request this one, but I think it is the organ version....
Op. 162 - Gavotte (5th) - seems hard to find...even the incomplete score would help... ;)

I found that the Italian-influenced pieces are on IMSLP - thank you!

Amazing that Chaminade complete piano works are now almost all collected!
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

musiclife217 wrote:It seems that, at least among Chamiande piano works, we are missing:

Op. 36 No. 02 - Pas des Cymbales (for two pianos) - I have this one and can scan shortly...
Op. 78 - Prelude for Organ or Piano (two separate editions, I believe) - I can request this one, but I think it is the organ version....
Op. 162 - Gavotte (5th) - seems hard to find...even the incomplete score would help... ;)

I've certainly been enjoying the Chaminade fest of late. The opus 78 prelude was issued both for piano and organ by Enoch in 1895--either version would be welcome as neither are currently available. Here's a recording of the organ version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHvw4a-t0Iw

The 5th Gavotte is held by several libraries and should be fairly accessable. BNF holds a copy--does anyone know if they take requests for their scanning program? It shouldn't present a copyright issue as it was published in 1921.
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

musiclife217 wrote:It seems that, at least among Chamiande piano works, we are missing:

For all who want to have a "prelook" to the Gavotte:
Fifth Gavotte Op-162 (Piano Roll played by composer).mid
Nice listening, Georgio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

And some more MIDI from her piano music:
Etude Romantique Op-132 (Piano Roll played by composer).mid
Guitare Op-32 No-11 (Piano Roll played by composer).mid
L'Ondine Op-101 No-6 (Piano Roll played by composer).mid
Marche Americaine Op-131 (Piano Roll played by composer).mid
Promenade (88-Note Piano Roll 88939S cb & pb composer).mid
Valse Brillante Op-80 No-3 (Piano Roll played by composer).mid
Have fun, Georgio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

I have scanned the four pages I have of the Gavotte No.5 Op.162
by Chaminade. Maybe, with the help of her recording, one of you could
finish the work, if a copy becomes too hard to get.
Peter.
Chaminade C. 5th Gavotte Op.162.pdf
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Jim Faston wrote:

I've certainly been enjoying the Chaminade fest of late. The opus 78 prelude was issued both for piano and organ by Enoch in 1895--either version would be welcome as neither are currently available. Here's a recording of the organ version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHvw4a-t0Iw

The 5th Gavotte is held by several libraries and should be fairly accessable. BNF holds a copy--does anyone know if they take requests for their scanning program? It shouldn't present a copyright issue as it was published in 1921.
I will definitely work on the Op. 78 Prelude - now, I recently requested some of Chaminade's earlier works as B&W PDF copies from the BnF and the correspondent stated that the works (clearly from the 19th Century) were protected... I'm really not sure how this can be...
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

musiclife217 wrote:I will definitely work on the Op. 78 Prelude - now, I recently requested some of Chaminade's earlier works as B&W PDF copies from the BnF and the correspondent stated that the works (clearly from the 19th Century) were protected... I'm really not sure how this can be...
This is because, in France -- and in France only I guess -- the copyright time of musicial works, which is normally of 70 years post mortem as thoughout Europe, is augmented with the "prorogations de guerre", i.e. a certain numbers of years around the first WW and/or the second WW when it is considered that copyright has not been enjoyed peacefully. In practice, for works published between the two wars and up to 1948, the additional years make a bonus of 8 years and 120 days.
This is why Ravel, who died in 1937 and is public domain everywhere in the world, is not yet so in France until May 2016.
Chaminade, who died only in 1944, will remain under copyright in France until May 2022.
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

At least one gap can be filled. - Many thanks indeed for the Chaminade collection - highly appreciated!
Chaminade op.36,2 Pas des cymbales 2P.pdf
Br, paolor