Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgystan & Tajikistan)

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgystan & Tajikistan)

Post by mballan »

In fairness to these independent republics, we have in the past included them under the Russian & Soviet thread but they should carry their own thread, and to start the proceeding, a number of works by Uzbek composers, I recently found.

Biographies and piano work lists for these composers are included in my 'book' in the Information & Literature section.

Malcolm

Rustam Abdullaev (1947 - )
Abdullaev R - Epitaph.pdf
Abdullaev R - The Frescos of Navruz.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Re: Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgystan & Tajikistan)

Post by mballan »

Dilorom Amanullaeva (1959 - )

Amanullaeva D - At the Ruins of Bibikhany.pdf
Amanullaeva D - Toccatina.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Re: Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgystan & Tajikistan)

Post by Jean-Séb »

mballan wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 pmRustam Abdullaev (1947 - )
Thank you Malcolm for all the stuff you share here.
How many hands or pianists for this piece ? I am puzzled by the nine simultaneous staves.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Jean-Séb wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:51 pm
mballan wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 pmRustam Abdullaev (1947 - )
Thank you Malcolm for all the stuff you share here.
How many hands or pianists for this piece ? I am puzzled by the nine simultaneous staves.
Hi Jean-Seb........its for piano solo, think the composer found it easier to spread across 9 staves, but it does work for 2 hands.

Malcolm
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you, Malcolm. Yes, I tried. I think it is however the biggest number of staves I've seen for a piano solo.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Thanks for these, Malcolm. Perhaps I should see about assembling a list of links to all the Central Asian scores that have been shared thus far. For now, running a search for the country names is probably the easiest way for people to find things. I've always tried to include that when posting scores by composers from those regions...and the same goes for composers from the other national republics within the Russian Federation (i.e. Bashkortostan, Tatarstan, Kalmykia, etc...)
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Thank you caostotale, anything extra would be wondeful. There are brief bios in my 'book' and I hope, when time allows to explore more from these regions. If you remember last year or so I posted a load of scores by Tatar composers, and would like to do the same for the other regions. Some very interesting scores no doubt still be to found and enjoyed.

For today: Muhammad Atadzhanov (1959 - ) [another work by this composer in the chamber thread]

Atadzhanov M - Nocturne.pdf
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

For Jean-Seb, something you can use for a talking point with other musicians, the 9 staves of Abdullaev is dwarfed by the 12 staves of Prelude No.4 from 42 preludes by Istvan Szelenyi, thankfully the composer writes only 5 bars of music in this piece which is taller than it is long.
best wishes
Brian
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you Brian ! :o
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Irina Aleksandrovna Berlin. Born 1962, Tashkent. Uzbek composer. Graduated in 1986 from Tashkent Conservatoire, after studies in piano with Gazieva, and again in 1987, after studies in composition with Vildanov.

Three Pieces
1. Prelude
2. Humoresque-Impromptu
3. The Fair
Berlin I - Three Pieces for Piano.pdf