Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from Mexico

Post by Jean-Séb »

ilu wrote:Oren:

Amazing! your great collection of Tomás León,

Thank you.

ILU
Most of the credit for these should be returned to Igod who scanned and uploaded most of them, I believe.
Jean-Séb
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

Jean-Séb wrote:
ilu wrote:Oren:

Amazing! your great collection of Tomás León,

Thank you.

ILU
Most of the credit for these should be returned to Igod who scanned and uploaded most of them, I believe.
Jean-Séb
I saw that this music was posted in 2007
on the old pp (if that was your post about)
But believe it or not i got them from another source
Best Regards
Oren
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Oren, there is nothing wrong reposting scans that are not yours and I am sure many people, like Ilu, appreciated your reposting. Of course I believe you when you say you got them from a source other than PiPhi (or GFF) where Igod posted most of those. It is the usual fate of the scans we post here and there to fly from site to site and, in the end, nobody remembers who is the original scanner. Not that it matters so much, but I find it nice, when we can, to pay homage to those who did the hard work first : obtaining the score, scanning it and posting it. Since I have been on PiPhi and GFF for longer than you, I have the pleasure of remembering, sometimes, who was the generous first contributor, and I find it fair to mention his or her name when I can. Having said that, it is also very useful that some people like you or Fred have very organized collections of pdf and can feed this forum with them. Organizing a collection is also some kind of work which deserves respect.
Jean-Séb
oren segev
Pianophiliac

Post by oren segev »

Jean-Séb wrote:Oren, there is nothing wrong reposting scans that are not yours and I am sure many people, like Ilu, appreciated your reposting. Of course I believe you when you say you got them from a source other than PiPhi (or GFF) where Igod posted most of those. It is the usual fate of the scans we post here and there to fly from site to site and, in the end, nobody remembers who is the original scanner. Not that it matters so much, but I find it nice, when we can, to pay homage to those who did the hard work first : obtaining the score, scanning it and posting it. Since I have been on PiPhi and GFF for longer than you, I have the pleasure of remembering, sometimes, who was the generous first contributor, and I find it fair to mention his or her name when I can. Having said that, it is also very useful that some people like you or Fred have very organized collections of pdf and can feed this forum with them. Organizing a collection is also some kind of work which deserves respect.
Jean-Séb
Jean Seb
I an with you 100% on this attitude
And i am truely sorry if you got my reply wrong
i just wanted to mark that i didnt took it from the old archiev and for sure not from GFF
Which i didnt visit it (mayme twice in my collecting career)
I obtain as much as i remember posting other stuff from the old pp on the new one
i am remaining it to the original poster like other members let me posted pieces i poasted in the past
You are welcome to reply it although i think we understood each other and hope agreed also as well
Best Regards
Oren
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

With regard to the exchange between Oren & Jean-Seb, it is worth saying that some degree of netiquette should be observed here, as Jean-Seb indicates: it is always worth saying 'NMS' (not my scan) and 'thanks to the original scanner'.

Members may like to know that they can upload MORE than just five scores per post - in fact Fredbucket recently upped this number from ten to twenty.

We also try to encourage off-site hosting for this kind of mass score-posting (Rapidshare or Mediafire etc), although I appreciate that the scores are all really quite small in this particular case. An alternative approach would be to LIST the scores one has rather than just posting them immediately - this way members can request them if they need them.

What would always be VERY useful when members re-upload others' scans in this way would be to add value to the files by naming them consistently and putting dates and opus numbers within the file names where possible. For little known composers, or composers with common names, putting the forename in the filename might also be useful. Many members of course already do this when the scores are in their area of expertise.

Some of these suggestions are in the guidelines and rules with which every members should be familiar.

Rob
Igod82

Post by Igod82 »

Those are indeed the same scans i did a while ago of the book of his piano works, it had 29 pieces in total. It is not that important to me though. What would seem of a little more importance is the fact that Leons music is not really that great. Out of the thirty pieces i think only a few struck me as works i would play.
oren segev
Pianophiliac

Post by oren segev »

Igod82 wrote:Those are indeed the same scans i did a while ago of the book of his piano works, it had 29 pieces in total. It is not that important to me though. What would seem of a little more importance is the fact that Leons music is not really that great. Out of the thirty pieces i think only a few struck me as works i would play.
Ok
Anyway thanks alot for your hard work
Oren
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

José Pablo Moncayo: "Muros Verdes" (Green Walls), Piano.

ILU.

Mod edit: attachment removed, replaced later in this thread. FB.
Quo melius Illac
remy
Pianophiliac

Post by remy »

There's a new typeset scan of Manuel Maria Ponce's Intermezzo No.1 at IMSLP by Omar Gutierrez:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Intermezzo_%28Ponce,_Manuel%29

Such a gorgeous piece.

jeremy
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

remy wrote:There's a new typeset scan of Manuel Maria Ponce's Intermezzo No.1 at IMSLP by Omar Gutierrez:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Intermezzo_%28Ponce,_Manuel%29

Such a gorgeous piece.

jeremy
Remy:

Ponce has 3 intermezzi for piano posted in this thread on page 1.
The Intermezzo 1 is the most popular, but 2 & 3 are also great!

ILU
Last edited by ilu on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quo melius Illac