Music from Mexico

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from Mexico

Post by mballan »

Abner Gutierrez wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:21 am Greetings I'm new on this forum, since I've been digging up into Manuel M. Ponce's works I've been always researching through the internet for a digital pdf from his works however I'm looking for an specific one that I couldn't be able to find through internet, perhaps theres no digitized source from the set I'm looking for...
the set I am looking for is cuatro evocaciones by Manuel M. Ponce

I find it quite interesting due of the huge influence on Debussy's cakewalk on No.4, I will really appreciate if someone has the chance to provide a pdf scan from the set itself, that will also help me soooo much!!!
Abner - a warm welcome to Pianophilia.

There was a new publication of this work in 2006, and I do hold a copy. Please contact me at: malcolm.ballan@gmail.com to discuss further.

Malcolm
Abner Gutierrez
Instruments played, if any: Piano and Guitar

Post by Abner Gutierrez »

Greetings again
I've recently heard about another mexican composer whose name is Arnulfo Miramontes which nowadays it is getting into oblivion sadly...
After discovering this composer I've been digging up into his works nowadays but I realized that each score is quite difficult to find through Internet or online which it is quite a pity honestly, these pieces might remain as a rarity as it seems so.

However I would like to know if anyone has a certain piece that actually I really enjoyed from him and is the Estudio en Forma de Vals Op.111, I just found a single page on an UNAM article but I would like to have the complete piece for personal researching

If anyone has an edition from this piece I would really appreciate your help but if anyone has a source where I could find several scores from Miramontes online It will help me a lot!
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

Abner Gutierrez wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:48 am Greetings again
I've recently heard about another mexican composer whose name is Arnulfo Miramontes which nowadays it is getting into oblivion sadly...
After discovering this composer I've been digging up into his works nowadays but I realized that each score is quite difficult to find through Internet or online which it is quite a pity honestly, these pieces might remain as a rarity as it seems so.

However I would like to know if anyone has a certain piece that actually I really enjoyed from him and is the Estudio en Forma de Vals Op.111, I just found a single page on an UNAM article but I would like to have the complete piece for personal researching

If anyone has an edition from this piece I would really appreciate your help but if anyone has a source where I could find several scores from Miramontes online It will help me a lot!
Have you tried the Mexican National library, or reaching out to the pianist who recorded this work? WorldCat has leads: https://www.worldcat.org/identities/lccn-no2006042778/

The University Of The Arts (Aguascalientes) would also be a good place to check given his long working relationship with that city

For reference: http://www.pianolatinoamerica.org/e_mir ... score.html
Abner Gutierrez
Instruments played, if any: Piano and Guitar

Post by Abner Gutierrez »

bingo wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:25 pm
Abner Gutierrez wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:48 am Greetings again

Have you tried the Mexican National library, or reaching out to the pianist who recorded this work? WorldCat has leads: https://www.worldcat.org/identities/lccn-no2006042778/

The University Of The Arts (Aguascalientes) would also be a good place to check given his long working relationship with that city

For reference: http://www.pianolatinoamerica.org/e_mir ... score.html
I'll try to contact the performer itself or I'll try to research through an article I've found online, well always if it is possible to obtain an scan for free lol...
btw thanks!
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

Abner Gutierrez wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:51 am
I'll try to contact the performer itself or I'll try to research through an article I've found online, well always if it is possible to obtain an scan for free lol...
btw thanks!
Copyrighted material can't be posted on this site. Miramontes will be in copyright until 2030. Like books, music sometimes disappears in the lead up to copyright expiry so publishers can re/release an edition without having to pay royalties.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Hello, his compositions are copyrighted material.

Try:

https://www.academia.edu/31701981/Arnul ... sal%C3%B3n

and:

ILU.
Quo melius Illac
pcovitz1968

Post by pcovitz1968 »

Hello; randomly, I saw a list of other Castro piano works on the cover page of his Valse Melancolique (op. 26, No. 2) that lists Op. 38: 1 - Menuet Rococo and 2 - Plainte. Would anyone by chance have a copy of No. 2 (Plainte)?
--Phil
ut supra, sic infra
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

pcovitz1968 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:07 pm Hello; randomly, I saw a list of other Castro piano works on the cover page of his Valse Melancolique (op. 26, No. 2) that lists Op. 38: 1 - Menuet Rococo and 2 - Plainte. Would anyone by chance have a copy of No. 2 (Plainte)?
I have tons of Castro but am missing that opus. It is on my list of works to order - if nothing is forthcoming from your message, then happy to order this work to share.

Malcolm
pcovitz1968

Post by pcovitz1968 »

mballan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:28 pm
pcovitz1968 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:07 pm Hello; randomly, I saw a list of other Castro piano works on the cover page of his Valse Melancolique (op. 26, No. 2) that lists Op. 38: 1 - Menuet Rococo and 2 - Plainte. Would anyone by chance have a copy of No. 2 (Plainte)?
I have tons of Castro but am missing that opus. It is on my list of works to order - if nothing is forthcoming from your message, then happy to order this work to share.

Malcolm
Thank you, Malcolm!
--Phil
ut supra, sic infra
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Hi pcovitz1968

Here is the Valse Mélancolique, op. 36-2, original.
Regards.
ILU.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ilu on Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quo melius Illac