Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
margarethaverhard
Instruments played, if any: piano cello
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by margarethaverhard »

Hmm... I was very very curious, so I took contact with "him", I live in the same country Belgium, and that is not so big ...
He told me he did not do anything with scores since 19 years... and he thinks the owner of that site is an Italian. He even warned "them" that they sold Cziffra scores which are still in copyright... never an answer... he thinks his mail was then blocked.

So ... i really think it is not him, and he was shocked about all the negative messages about him, he assured me he had nothing to do anymore with the "score" world... He had a problem with mr Hinton (sorabji scores), and at his demand he immediately removed them from his website (19 years ago) and little while later he removed the website and stopped with score's.

He told me literally: "that was the beginning of the internet-share world of music footage and scores... I received thousands of scores and I did not check the copy rights so I had some problems ... but I stopped completely.
tonylucuchu
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi, does anyone know if there is a 2H version of the Mozart K. 414 concerto? Thanks.
kroket
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by kroket »

tonylucuchu wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:55 pm Hi, does anyone know if there is a 2H version of the Mozart K. 414 concerto? Thanks.
See Sibley: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... temId=5010
These concertos are (also) arranged for pianoforte alone.
I've attached K414 (downloaded from the Sibley link).
K414 A maj.pdf
Greetings, kroket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a 2H version of Saint-Saens clarinet sonata or Poulenc clarinet sonata? Thanks
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has the following Dvorak works arranged for 2 hands. I would appreciate any 2H version as long as it’s based on the full piece, not the simplified version.
Piano Quintet Op. 81
Piano Trio Op. 90
Piano Trio Op. 65
Piano Quartet Op 87
Strong Quartet Op. 96
Cello Concerto Op. 104

Thanks a lot.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Scriabinoff wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:13 pm
lucamadeus1976 wrote:Hi all, I would like to know if exists a piano 2 hands transcription of the Piano Concerto n.2 op.18 by Sergey Rachmaninoff, especially the wonderful secondo movement. I heard about a piano solo transcription by Gary D. Lloyd, but it's available only in midi format.
Could anyone help me please? thanks alot in advance!
best regards
Luca
Caprotti wrote:If you mean a "true 2H", i.e. piano part interpolated with the orchestra the answer is no.
A very bad "false 2H", i.e. piano part only with some little reduced orchestral parts when the piano is silent, was circulating since 2003 (attached)

Rachmaninov - 18 - Piano Concerto n.2 c (2H).pdf
There is a true solo piano version of it. I have the entire concerto (yes all three movements ) as a transcribed and arranged for solo 2 hands piece- a little watered down in spots but the important beautiful stuff is all there, very playable by us mortals actually.
It's transcribed by Ludwig Flato 19-11-1982, i pulled it from an old rare Hollywood souvenir piano album (as was the fashion in the 40s to release arrangments from the popular piano/classical and music themed films). It's from I have always loved you (good movie btw worth the watch).

mini bio
Composer, songwriter, composer and pianist, educated in Europe and at Juilliard, and a music student of Hall Overton and Leopold Mitman. He was piano accompanist to Florian ZaBach and Jeanne Mitchell, and accompanist to Frank Parker, the Andrews Sisters, and the Buffalo Bills. He joined the CBS staff in 1945 and worked with the Arthur Godfrey musical staff for eighteen years, also writing special material. Later, he worked for Jackie Gleason and other television shows. Joining ASCAP in 1955, his chief musical collaborator was Moe Jaffe, and his popular-song compositions include "Let Me Love You" and "My Lady Won't Be Here Tonight".
Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can get the Ludwig Flato arrangement of Rach 2?
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:27 pm Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can get the Ludwig Flato arrangement of Rach 2?
This is one of those volumes I've seen very frequently in old book store stashes of sheet music.
RACHMANINOV Op.18 Piano Concerto No.2 [Flato] (I've Always Loved You).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Post by Phillip210 »

bingo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:33 am
tonylucuchu wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:27 pm Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can get the Ludwig Flato arrangement of Rach 2?
This is one of those volumes I've seen very frequently in old book store stashes of sheet music.

RACHMANINOV Op.18 Piano Concerto No.2 [Flato] (I've Always Loved You).pdf
Thank you so much for posting - that looks an amazing arrangement to have available for someone who wants some part of Rach 2 played at a wedding or other function.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Phillip210 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:58 pm
Thank you so much for posting - that looks an amazing arrangement to have available for someone who wants some part of Rach 2 played at a wedding or other function.
Honestly I'm not sure if I could commit to someone who wasn't prepared to listen to the full concerto at the event. :lol:
emma

Post by emma »

I'm looking for G. Sandor's transcription of Bartok solo violin sonata (he did the first two movements, Chaconne and Fugue). I tried to play the original score for the left hand alone, but this proved to be really difficult to achieve : two hands are not superfluous to translate this monument...
Many thanks in advance.