Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
tonylucuchu
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi,

Does anyone have the solo version of Brahms’s Op. 120 No. 2? I found a performance of the first Mvt on YouTube but couldn’t find any contact info to purchase the sheet music
bingo
Site Admin
Music Scores: Yes

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:02 pm Hi,

Does anyone have the solo version of Brahms’s Op. 120 No. 2? I found a performance of the first Mvt on YouTube but couldn’t find any contact info to purchase the sheet music
The arranger has a website and their own YouTube channel, so there's two ways to get in touch.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can share a 2H version of the R. Schumann Concerto Op 54. There are several versions that either include part of the piece (i.e. Grainger) or doesn't include enough orchestral part. Since there is a 2H version of the Grieg, it made me wonder if the Schumann concerto also has a 2H version somewhere. Thanks.
kroket
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by kroket »

tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:09 pm Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can share a 2H version of the R. Schumann Concerto Op 54. Thanks.
This is the version in the Peters edition (nms).
Greetings,
kroket
Schumann - 054 - Piano Concerto a (2H ed.Peters).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FW190
Pianomaniac

Post by FW190 »

I was wondering if anyone can share a 2H version of the R. Schumann Concerto Op 54. There are several versions that either include part of the piece (i.e. Grainger) or doesn't include enough orchestral part. Since there is a 2H version of the Grieg, it made me wonder if the Schumann concerto also has a 2H version somewhere. Thanks.
... and here comes the version of Eduard Schütt. Scanned by Rochester in 2009 - if I remember correctly.
Schumann.-.op.054.-.Piano-Concerto-(2H-Schütt-UE-1902).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In Bach we trust.
FW190
Pianomaniac

Post by FW190 »

... and a simplified version of movement 1 made by Alec Baynes. Scan seems to be one of the low-res-scans by NLA.
Schumann.-.op.054.-.Piano-Concerto-Move-1-Theme-(2H-simpl.-Baynes-Allan-Edition-1946).pdf
In Bach we trust.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Schirmer has an edition edited by Clara Schumann. It's possibly also the same one that appears on the CD Sheet Music: Schumann volume. The latter now sells as a USB stick: http://store.subitomusic.com/index.php? ... ts_id=9319
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Thanks for everyone's reply to my Schumann concerto post. They are all very helpful. Does anyone know if there is a 2H arrangement of Dvorak’s f minor piano trio Op 65, or his piano quintet Op. 81, or his piano quartet Op. 87, or his piano trio in e Op. 90? I know all of the works I just mentioned have 4H arrangements but I’m wondering if the 2H version exists somewhere. Thanks.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

None of those, unfortunately, as in the case of Brahms Piano trios (except op.8) and quartets. Strangely, Brahms op.34 exists, and it's one of the most difficult to perform 2H. This topic was widely debated in the past on Pianophilia.
aladin
Participant

Post by aladin »

Hi Guys,

I find this bayless puccini nessun dorma on youtube:

however, too bad it is only half of it.

does someone have the full piece?