Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by mballan »

tonylucuchu wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:41 pm Hi, does anyone know a solo version of the Shostakovich 5th Symphony Op. 47? I know there is a version for 4 hands but that's not what I am looking for. I also know there is a solo version of the 8th quartet. Any similar arrangement of the symphonies?
Thanks,
Tony
Tony

I am only aware of the Scherzo from Op 47 being arranged for piano solo (by Bloch). Some of the symphonies have been arranged for Piano / 4 hands, but I am only aware of Nos. 7 & 9 being transcribed for piano solo by Atovmyan (he also did a number of the piano/4 hands arrangements as well).

Malcolm
tonylucuchu
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

mballan wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:20 pm
tonylucuchu wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:41 pm Hi, does anyone know a solo version of the Shostakovich 5th Symphony Op. 47? I know there is a version for 4 hands but that's not what I am looking for. I also know there is a solo version of the 8th quartet. Any similar arrangement of the symphonies?
Thanks,
Tony
Tony

I am only aware of the Scherzo from Op 47 being arranged for piano solo (by Bloch). Some of the symphonies have been arranged for Piano / 4 hands, but I am only aware of Nos. 7 & 9 being transcribed for piano solo by Atovmyan (he also did a number of the piano/4 hands arrangements as well).

Malcolm
Thanks, Malcolm. I was able to find the solo transcription of the 2nd movement of Shos 5th but was wondering if you would know where I could purchase the solo transcription (by Atovmyan) of Shos 7 and 9.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Tony, apologies, I had forgotten about the Scherzo from Symphony No. 5 (also by Blok).

Drop me a line to: malcolm.ballan@gmail.com regarding copies. I am afraid owing to the sanctions on Russia that is is nigh impossible to get copies of scores from any of the main libraries, but I may be able to help.

Malcolm
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyones knows where to find the solo (2H) arrangement of the Grieg String Quartet Op. 27.

Thanks a lot,
Tony
tracyross
Instruments played, if any: Piano, electric keyboards, harpsichord, organ, trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo trumpet

Post by tracyross »

I found this on Musescore.

Tracy
String_Quartet_No_1,_Op_27_–_Edvard_Grieg_(Piano_Arrangement).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Hi Tracy:

Thank you for this score.

Regards,

Ilu.
Quo melius Illac
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

It's a shame that the Grieg transcription is only 3 pages long. Did the transcriber perhaps find it too big a task to complete? I know the feeling!

As regards Shostakovich Op.47, here's a link to the first movement, although it may not be free to download:-

https://musescore.com/user/21072851/scores/5401377
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

From the French National Library, and cleaned up by me, a Lalo ballet score in concert transcription by Edouard RISLER
LALO Thème_varié_extrait_de_Namouna [Concert transcription by Edouard Risler]mono.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you, Bingo.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Timtin wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:24 am It's a shame that the Grieg transcription is only 3 pages long. Did the transcriber perhaps find it too big a task to complete? I know the feeling!

As regards Shostakovich Op.47, here's a link to the first movement, although it may not be free to download:-

https://musescore.com/user/21072851/scores/5401377
Thanks for sharing the musescore link to the Shostakovich. I think the transcription is only the exposition of the first movement. Does anyone know if there’s a solo transcription of the whole first movement?