Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
tonylucuchu
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by tonylucuchu »

Timtin wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:18 pm
tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:15 pm Hi, I am looking for Klengel’s solo transcription of Brahms c major trio Op 87. Does anyone have the score? Thanks.
A side but related question. I know Klengel has a 2p version of Brahms g minor quartet Op. 25. Does anyone know if there is a solo version of the whole quartet (all the mvts)? Worldcat only shows the 4H and 2P version.
Klengel transcribed Brahms's other two Piano Trios (Opp.8 and 101) for solo piano in 1923, and their Simrock plate numbers are consecutive (14537 and 14538). Based on that very scant evidence, I suspect that a Klengel transcription of Op.87 doesn't exist!
Thanks for sharing the info. I was also wondering if any of the Dvorak piano chamber music (trio, 4et and 5et) and his American 4et have 2H versions?
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40
Music Scores: Yes

Post by Timtin »

Solo piano arrangements of Dvorak's chamber music seems to be virtually non-existent, although a few of better known works are available as piano duets. There's definitely a gap in the market!
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

Timtin wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:32 pm Solo piano arrangements of Dvorak's chamber music seems to be virtually non-existent, although a few of better known works are available as piano duets. There's definitely a gap in the market!
Hopefully someone will arrange Dvorak's chamber music for 2H. A similar question here: does 2H version of the Grig G Minor Quartet and/or Faure 1st Piano Quartet exist?
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:20 pm
Timtin wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:32 pm Solo piano arrangements of Dvorak's chamber music seems to be virtually non-existent, although a few of better known works are available as piano duets. There's definitely a gap in the market!
Hopefully someone will arrange Dvorak's chamber music for 2H. A similar question here: does 2H version of the Grig G Minor Quartet and/or Faure 1st Piano Quartet exist?
You've had responses from us on the Grieg only a few months ago
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

Does anyone have Stradal's transcription of Bach's Andante from his Organ Sonata No.4 as played here:

I searched IMSLP and another site with no luck. Thanks!
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

lebowl wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:51 pm Does anyone have Stradal's transcription of Bach's Andante from his Organ Sonata No.4 as played here:

Stradal's complete transcription of BWV528 is definitely on IMSLP. NB Andante marked as Adagio, as noted in YT clip
lebowl
Pianophiliac

Post by lebowl »

bingo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:05 am
lebowl wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:51 pm Does anyone have Stradal's transcription of Bach's Andante from his Organ Sonata No.4 as played here:

Stradal's complete transcription of BWV528 is definitely on IMSLP. NB Andante marked as Adagio, as noted in YT clip
I only see transcriptions of BWV 525 and 526 on IMSLP.
tracyross
Instruments played, if any: Piano, electric keyboards, harpsichord, organ, trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo trumpet

Post by tracyross »

bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

lebowl wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:22 pm
bingo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:05 am

I only see transcriptions of BWV 525 and 526 on IMSLP.
https://imslp.org/wiki/Organ_Sonata_No. ... Sebastian)

Google "imslp bach bwv528" or got to BACH listing and type 528 into the "Search category" box at top right
That wil ltake you to https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ReverseLookup/96359
lebowl
Pianophiliac

Post by lebowl »