Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by bingo »

emma wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:03 am I'm looking for G. Sandor's transcription of Bartok solo violin sonata (he did the first two movements, Chaconne and Fugue). I tried to play the original score for the left hand alone, but this proved to be really difficult to achieve : two hands are not superfluous to translate this monument...
Many thanks in advance.
BARTOK Sonata for Solo Violin - Tempo di Ciaccona and Fuga [Sandor].pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by emma »

Thank you very much Bingo !
Greentiger
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by Greentiger »

hello all, I am looking for the Kempff transcription of La plainte d’ Orphée (Act 2 Ballet) from Orpheus & Euridice. I am hoping that someone here may be able to supply it or point me to a link. Many thanks.
kroket
Pianophiliac

Post by kroket »

Gluck Kempff Reigen der seligen Geister.pdf
Greentiger wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:31 pm hello all, I am looking for the Kempff transcription of La plainte d’ Orphée (Act 2 Ballet) from Orpheus & Euridice. I am hoping that someone here may be able to supply it or point me to a link. Many thanks.
Here it is (nms).
Greetings, kroket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greentiger
Participant

Post by Greentiger »

kroket wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:41 pm Gluck Kempff Reigen der seligen Geister.pdf
Greentiger wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:31 pm hello all, I am looking for the Kempff transcription of La plainte d’ Orphée (Act 2 Ballet) from Orpheus & Euridice. I am hoping that someone here may be able to supply it or point me to a link. Many thanks.
Here it is (nms).
Greetings, kroket
Goodness that was quick. Enormous thanks kroket. I thought some kind soul here might have it.
Best regards for the festive season
Greentiger
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi, I am looking for Klengel’s solo transcription of Brahms c major trio Op 87. Does anyone have the score? Thanks.
A side but related question. I know Klengel has a 2p version of Brahms g minor quartet Op. 25. Does anyone know if there is a solo version of the whole quartet (all the mvts)? Worldcat only shows the 4H and 2P version.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

as far as I know no complete 2H of Brahms piano trios and quartets exist
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:15 pm Hi, I am looking for Klengel’s solo transcription of Brahms c major trio Op 87. Does anyone have the score? Thanks.
A side but related question. I know Klengel has a 2p version of Brahms g minor quartet Op. 25. Does anyone know if there is a solo version of the whole quartet (all the mvts)? Worldcat only shows the 4H and 2P version.
I only know of individual movements of the Op.25. Some are on IMSLP and Dohnanyi transcribed the Rondo Zingarese movement.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

bingo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:30 pm
tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:15 pm Hi, I am looking for Klengel’s solo transcription of Brahms c major trio Op 87. Does anyone have the score? Thanks.
I only know of individual movements of the Op.25. Some are on IMSLP and Dohnanyi transcribed the Rondo Zingarese movement.
the ones on IMSLP are only main melodies (I believe) Do you know if there is a complete solo transcription of the first movement?
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Klengel transcribed Brahms's other two Piano Trios (Opp.8 and 101) for solo piano in 1923, and their Simrock plate numbers are consecutive (14537 and 14538). Based on that very scant evidence, I suspect that a Klengel transcription of Op.87 doesn't exist!