Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by Jean-Séb »

Yes, Schumann composed a few pieces for the so-called "pedal piano" (a piano with a pedal board). This is a transcription for regular piano.
pianojay

Post by pianojay »

Jean-Séb wrote:Yes, Schumann composed a few pieces for the so-called "pedal piano" (a piano with a pedal board). This is a transcription for regular piano.
I've posted the Bizet arrangement of these pieces over on the "4 Hands on One Piano" thread.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Lacrymosa from Mozart's Requiem in a Russian edition of the Liszt transcription and a typset version of the Saltykov.
Mozart-Liszt_Lacrimosa.pdf
Mozart-Saltykov - Lacrymosa.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emil Borisovich Sernov
Pianophiliac

Post by Emil Borisovich Sernov »

Georges Bizet - Transcription by Alexander Siloti (Aleksandr Ziloti)
Overture from 'Carmen'
Bizet-Siloti - Overture from 'Carmen'.pdf
Published in 1918, and as far as I know this work is not included in the recently published 'Alexander Siloti Collection' by Carl Fischer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Interesting Mozart transcriptions, Jim. Thanks for them. Have always loved the Lacrymosa. And Emil surprises me with a Siloti transcription---just when I thought I had them all--av very good literal transcription up to Siloti's usual high standard.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

A Branle simple by Antoine Francisque from Le Tresor d’Orphée as transcribed by Henri Quittard. Extracted from the Sibley file that can be found here:
http://hdl.handle.net/1802/12110
or on IMSLP.
Francisque-Quittard_Branle simple No.6.pdf
Here's a recording by Wanda Landowska:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8934A11ZSY
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Nice find. Thank you.
Mercuzio

Post by Mercuzio »

Adagietto (Gustav Mahler).pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtNhRh3ElyA

For this famous piece there are already numerous piano versions, some also downloadable from the internet: http://imslp.org/wiki/Symphony_No.5_(Mahler%2C_Gustav)
I decided to do this new version because, for some reasons, all these versions delete (or edit) some notes of the original score (mostly harp’s notes, bass notes or grace notes) that can be easily played by an advanced pianist. The curious thing is that all these “facilitations” are not the same in all these different arrangements, therefore it’s as if each one showed solutions that were ignored by others.
Instead, compared to the original score, I edited some ligatures, articulations and expression markings (which are those things that, usually, each pianist adapted to his taste and interpretation) that Mahler wrote according to the strings technique which, obviously, is different from that of the piano.
Last edited by Mercuzio on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kroket
Pianophiliac

Post by kroket »

Mercuzio wrote:
Many thanks again, Mercuzio. Your transcriptions are always accurate, tasteful and quite challenging to play. They are welcome additions and it is very generous of you to provide us with your hard labour!
Greetings, kroket
Mercuzio

Post by Mercuzio »

kroket wrote:
Mercuzio wrote:
Many thanks again, Mercuzio. Your transcriptions are always accurate, tastful and quite challenging to play. They are welcome additions and it is very generous of you to provide us with your hard labour!
Greetings, kroket
Thanks kroket...you are welcome....I replaced the file because I found a mistake (A flat) in the second grace note of bar 57....and I also played wrongly because in my mind I liked that dissonance with A natural...I also played for mistake C natural in the left hand of bar 55 while the C flat of the sheet music is the correct one.