Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
remy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from Mexico

Post by remy »

Mascatrapo,

Thanks very much for the excellent Clema Edition of her husband's Sonatine.

jeremy
Abner Gutierrez
Instruments played, if any: Piano and Guitar

Post by Abner Gutierrez »

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Talking about Un Recuerdo... yesterday I sent a message about it but I doubt if it was posted in here or I forgot to post it lol but anyway like a few weeks ago I once tried to request for a digitization on the same score but since the score makes part from a reserved collection then the librarian will ask for a couple of documents that sadly I do not own yet making the research rather difficult.

There is the source for the info on the same piece: http://athenas.enmusica.unam.mx:8991/F/ ... format=999

The librarian will ask for the classification, author/ composer and title of the piece, however I doubt if you may have access to obtain the score of this piece, but once you finally got the access to it I will really look forward for the score and I'll really gonna appreciate your help!

also I really appreciate your help as well on providing the score from the sonatine, such a pretty curious piece that really displays the change of style from Ponce after his composition classes in France, and never forgoes that slightly expanded version of the 4th section from the preludios encadenados right at the 3rd mvt.

such a hidden gem lol

mascatrapo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:33 am Dear Abner,

Thank you very much for the Nocturno No.2! I was missing that work. Here you can find in the attachment the Sonatine of Ponce, I hope it works well for you and you can find the Recuerdo. If you do, could you share it too? I will keep on searching and if I do, I will share it with you.

Greetings!

L.R.
Abner Gutierrez wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:20 pm Greetings

I'm glad that you all liked my edition on the 2nd nocturne!
Welp I'm back to this forum only to ask if anyone has the score from Ponce's Sonatina/ Sonatine pour piano or the score from Un Recuerdo, about Un Recuerdo I unsuccessfully tried to obtain it since the fact that it makes part of the reserved archives from the UNAM music library then it is obligated to provide certain info or documents such as identification, something that I do not own yet though...

I will look forward for the messages and I will appreciate anyone's help!

Abner
Manuel M.Ponce - Sonatine.pdf
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

José F. Vásquez (1896‒1961) – composer, pianist, conductor and educationalist – was one of the leading figures in Mexican classical music from the 1910s to the 1950s ... more on the Toccata Classics page for their recently-released disc of The Complete Impresiones for Piano written 1922-27.

https://toccataclassics.com/product/jos ... for-piano/

Most of the sheet music has yet to be published but most scores have been digitised: https://www.josefvasquez.com/paseos/

https://www.josefvasquez.com/alojamiento/ links to YouTube recordings of the Vasquez Piano Concerto #3, some piano preludes and other works.
Abner Gutierrez

So I finally managed to obtain the score from Manuel Ponce's Un Recuerdo!
although it was a huge pain to obtain it and sadly I've ended being snubbed by the own library itself... someone from youtube made me the favor to obtain the original edition from this piece and yeah I could say that I can finally die in peace lol

this edition contains handwritten notations by Carlos Vazquez himself so yeah probably thats why it is on the reserved place from the library perhaps
Un recuerdo M. M. Ponce.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Fresh engraving - a little cramped to fit on one page.
PONCE Un Recuerdo.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remy
Pianophiliac

Post by remy »

Abner, thanks very much for taking the time and diligence to find and post Un Requerdo.

The added expression marks and corrections are helpful.

jeremy
remy
Pianophiliac

Post by remy »

Bingo, nicely done. Thanks.

jeremy
Abner Gutierrez

bingo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:08 am Fresh engraving - a little cramped to fit on one page.

PONCE Un Recuerdo.pdf
lol I once planned to dedicate an engraving to this piece, since like a month ago I made a transcribed by ear score (which it is something illegal on the engraving community) but I think that your engraving may be a'ight
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Abner Gutierrez wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:15 pm
bingo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:08 am Fresh engraving - a little cramped to fit on one page.

PONCE Un Recuerdo.pdf
lol I once planned to dedicate an engraving to this piece, since like a month ago I made a transcribed by ear score (which it is something illegal on the engraving community) but I think that your engraving may be a'ight
There's an engraving community??? They must be quiet as the Amish as I've transcribed somewhere between 1-2000 scores without a license :lol: . If they have a "played by ear" police corps then the jazz community is finished! Youtube has a thriving set of transcription channels.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

bingo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:19 amThere's an engraving community???
There is … and they’re on your trail 😈 but not to worry … they haven’t caught me yet either…

Regards
Fred