Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by bingo »

Jim Faston wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 am Does anyone have the solo piano arrangement of the Adagio Op.38 (Cello and Orchestra) by Woldemar Bargiel? The comments on the IMSLP page indicate a solo piano version published in December of 1871. A quick look through Worldcat comes up blank.
Another one of the score reductions where 10% of the measures require 90% of the attention:
https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7056519
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Jim Faston wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm Were either of these 2 transcriptions by Raymond Lewenthal ever published? I'm not finding anything. Thanks.

Rachmaninoff - How fair this spot

Greensleeves
Kyohei Imaizumi has transcribed the Greensleeves arrangement:
https://muse-press.com/en/item/mp03501/
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

Does anyone know a solo arrangement of the Franck violin sonata over than Cortot's version? Thanks
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi, does anyone know any solo transcriptions of the Schubert Trio D. 929? I mean the "complete" transcription that has all four movements. I can only find Ludwig Stark's solo version for movement 2 and 3 but was wondering if there is a solo version of all four movements, Thanks. Tony
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:32 am Does anyone know a solo arrangement of the Franck violin sonata over than Cortot's version? Thanks
tonylucuchu - worth checking our Opus Transcribisticum (OT) pages, as gives the vast majority of known transcriptions (it my bible on such matters).

For this one I only know that Lack did the 3rd movement - not aware of any other transcriptions of the sonata at this stage.

Worth checking OT for your Schubert inquiry.

Malcolm
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

mballan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:35 pm
tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:32 am Does anyone know a solo arrangement of the Franck violin sonata over than Cortot's version? Thanks
tonylucuchu - worth checking our Opus Transcribisticum (OT) pages, as gives the vast majority of known transcriptions (it my bible on such matters).

For this one I only know that Lack did the 3rd movement - not aware of any other transcriptions of the sonata at this stage.

Worth checking OT for your Schubert inquiry.

Malcolm
Thanks, Malcolm. I went on OT and found the Lack transcription was listed under "for two pianos". I was wondering if you have the score for Lack's solo version. Thanks.
Tony

Sorry Tony, I don't have the Lack version
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:19 pm Hi, does anyone know any solo transcriptions of the Schubert Trio D. 929? I mean the "complete" transcription that has all four movements. I can only find Ludwig Stark's solo version for movement 2 and 3 but was wondering if there is a solo version of all four movements, Thanks. Tony
This piece is a favourite, and AFAIK Stark has done the longest transcription. Friedrich Hermann (sometimes misspelled as Ehrmann) has done a subset of the Stark movements. There are more recent fragments of transcriptions on Musescore. Some are duplicates of the above without attribution guven.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

bingo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:37 pm
tonylucuchu wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:19 pm Hi, does anyone know any solo transcriptions of the Schubert Trio D. 929? I mean the "complete" transcription that has all four movements. I can only find Ludwig Stark's solo version for movement 2 and 3 but was wondering if there is a solo version of all four movements, Thanks. Tony
This piece is a favourite, and AFAIK Stark has done the longest transcription. Friedrich Hermann (sometimes misspelled as Ehrmann) has done a subset of the Stark movements. There are more recent fragments of transcriptions on Musescore. Some are duplicates of the above without attribution guven.
Thanks for your reply. Since Stark has transcribed the second and third movement, I am particularly looking for transcriptions of movement 1 and 4. Do you know any modern (or older) transcriptions of mvt 1 and 4? Thanks again.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Caprotti wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:58 pm thank you rqsrqs and pianogirl

I checked the mentioned works and no one seems to exist in 2H

May I add my preferite wishlist in the field of non-existing 2H ?

Brahms 3 Piano Quartets, 3 Piano Trios, 2 Clarinet Sonatas, Double Concerto (cello and violin) (full transcriptions, not separate mov.)

Berlioz S.Fantastique (not Liszt of course)

Dvorak Piano Quintet op.81

Verdi Quattro pezzi sacri

Mozart ... all the violin sonatas, Sinfonia Concertante, c min.Messe
I know the 4H and 2P transcriptions of the Dvorak Quintet but would like to know if anyone has the solo transcription.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi, does anyone know a solo version of the Shostakovich 5th Symphony Op. 47? I know there is a version for 4 hands but that's not what I am looking for. I also know there is a solo version of the 8th quartet. Any similar arrangement of the symphonies?
Thanks,
Tony