Piano Etudes

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Etudes

Post by 4candles »

During a routine check of the Gallica database, I came across these three etudes, which certainly look interesting. Anyone?

Albert Chandelier:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k3 ... ude.langFR

Charles Lysberg:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b7 ... ude.langFR

Oscar Comettant:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k3 ... ude.langFR

4c
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Caprotti »

you have to save each image, create a pdf and crop the pages
Comettant - 37 - Eoline.pdf
Chandelier - 50 - Les cloches (a Saint-Saens).pdf
Lysberg - 90 - Les ondines - Etude de concert (a A.Jaell).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Dear Caprotti,

I beg to differ - maybe it is your browser.

In the right hand top area of the page is an underline link "telecharger / imprimer".
Click on this and a box opens.

In the area that says:
"Pour une réutilisation non commerciale du contenu
En cochant cette case, je reconnais avoir pris connaissance des conditions d'utilisation non commerciale et je les accepte. "
Click in the radio box - then click the big green button "Envoyer"

In the next screen that opens you have a choice of opening or saving the pdf (and renaming it) by doing whatever is relevant to your system on the blue hyperlink "cliquez ici".

I have been to many sites and tediously saved every image and subsequently created a pdf - so I hope this info spares others such labour. I know that I often couldn't be bothered to go through the process and left many pieces untouched. I thought this was the same for the Bavaria Stadts bibliothek until someone pointed out the correct buttons.

Hope this helps.

regards,
tobyjj
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello,

I should perhaps mention that the tedious and laborious route does however produce a leaner cleaner file - so thank you for your posts of the linked pieces and the labours involved.

regards,
tobyjj
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

Thanks for cleaning up Caprotti and tobyjj! :D
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

3rd that thanks to Caprotti and tobyjj for rustling up some obscure but interesting etudes for our enjoyment.
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

fleubis wrote:3rd that thanks to Caprotti and tobyjj for rustling up some obscure but interesting etudes for our enjoyment.
My pleasure ;)
Excellent PDFs by our esteemed colleagues!
4c
tobyjj
Pianomaniac

Post by tobyjj »

Hello,

Errm.... I didn't actually do any of the cleaning up for these three files - Caprotti deseres all the credit for that. All I did was point out that, (on my browser at least), there is a method to get the files as a pdf download, without the intense labour. I've done it on other sites though so I was hoping to spare some of you the misery of going through that process and the discouragement of avoiding pieces because of the prospect of tedious labour.

But, ... thanks for the thanks anyway :D

regards,

tobyjj
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

New Music Quarterly October 1932
Ruth Crawford Piano Study in Mixed Accents
Lehman Engel
Four Excerpts from JOB (non piano solo work).
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4jucgzdkmefqmga

Apologies, I do not have a way to 'split' and clean these up. The covers are dark due to the color and condition but the score page came out much better. I have a bunch of these things I have been meaning to post but have been at a loss as to where as sometimes multiple works by different composers can be on different boards. Doing by best to stick them where they 'fit best'. Also I tried to keep file sizes small but again I don't have adobe and our KIC automatically converts these. I wish I could just pin them to the board but they are over the file size limit most times.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Scriabinoff wrote:New Music Quarterly October 1932
Ruth Crawford Piano Study in Mixed Accents
Lehman Engel
Four Excerpts from JOB (non piano solo work).
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4jucgzdkmefqmga

Apologies, I do not have a way to 'split' and clean these up. The covers are dark due to the color and condition but the score page came out much better. I have a bunch of these things I have been meaning to post but have been at a loss as to where as sometimes multiple works by different composers can be on different boards. Doing by best to stick them where they 'fit best'. Also I tried to keep file sizes small but again I don't have adobe and our KIC automatically converts these. I wish I could just pin them to the board but they are over the file size limit most times.
B&W version of the Crawford score. I'll put a B&W version of the Engel in the Vocal Music from the USA
section of the Vocal Music discussion forum.
Crawford_Piano Study in Mixed Accents.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.